MM 4.1.23 - Synchronisation menue for external player untraceable

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

EESS

MM 4.1.23 - Synchronisation menue for external player untraceable

Post by EESS »

Connecting an USB device to Mediamonkey, clicking with the right mouse key on the device location opens a window with synchroniasation options. Unfortunately since installing version 4.1.23.1881 on my PC this window is untraceable, MM finds devices synchronised before and works but it is not possible to modify synchronisation options. Any solution for this problem? Can I go back to the former MM version?
Lowlander

Re: MM 4.1.23 - Synchronisation menue for external player untraceable

Post by Lowlander »

I don't follow what you mean? How is it failing? Have you tried Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync instead?
EESS

Post by EESS »

To Lowlander: Thanks for your quick response. In my (german) "options" I can't find a tool about snychronisation. When I plug in an USB memory stick to my laptop (also with MM 4.1.23.1881) a menue appears automatically enabling me to adjust synchronisation. Clicking right on the name of the device also leads to this menue. On my PC - same MM - both running with Windows 7 - nothing appears. I made a screen shot of the "options" menue, maybe you find the menue point. If you show me a way I could submit it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

EESS

Post by EESS »

Have installed plug-in, no change.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you set it up (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) to work with your drive?
EESS

Post by EESS »

Thanks for your persistency. In the German menue "Extras" -> "Optionen" -> "Externe Geräte" (in English "external devices sync") a list of devices previously synchronised appears. I never double-clicked on one. Now I did and it looks good. Thanks very much! Obviously my computers act individually because on the PC the sync menue does not appear form the archive tree view of the device.

I love MediaMonkey, my only option to use practically my own tags for retrieving and sorting, on a media bank of maybe 50.000 titles. Only I should have a faster computer because any actualisation takes half an hour.