how to retrieve a missing playlist?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

peppergomez

how to retrieve a missing playlist?

Post by peppergomez »

I launched MM today and noticed that a playlist I've been working on is no longer listed in the Playlists section. I certainly didn't delete it.

Are there any ways I can search for it or retrieve it, either from within MM or Windows?

Any ideas why it is longer there?
Lowlander

Re: how to retrieve a missing playlist?

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists are stored in the database so unless you exported it you can't retrieve a Playlist that has been deleted in MediaMonkey. Maybe you moved it to a sub-node of another Playlist instead of deleting it.
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

Is there any way to search for it within either MM or Windows?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not in MediaMonkey. And in Windows only if you exported it, at which point it would be like any other files (likely .m3u extension).
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

Damn. I spent a lot of time working on it. I exported a much earlier version to my ipod, so I can retreive that.

There must be a bug of some sort in MM. The other day, the playlist was there. Today, it is not.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Haven't seen any other reports of Playlists disappearing. Common reasons would be that the user accidentally deleted or moved it or that an older copy of the database is being used (but you'd need to have made those in the first place).
john Parker

Home

Post by john Parker »

Nothing to do with delete because i have the same problem. I have renewed my playlists twice and on both occasions most of them have disappeared I have just spent money on upgrading MM so that i can sync Windows and Android and i have a system that is not fit for purpose. Where is quality control?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

We'll need this captured in a debug log (step 4b) as there is no known issue: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Fidofelix

Post by Fidofelix »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 pm Haven't seen any other reports of Playlists disappearing.
One of mine disappeared this morning, along with 17000 files. Last night when I turned off I had 47000+ tracks, this morning I turned on to find the one new playlist gone and only 30779 files. This is the problem when you link a OneDrive folder, as it not only deleted files on the local computer, but everywhere so unless you get to the online OneDrive recycle bin very fast you can lost all your music. MM doesn;t even have a way of seeing what was just there or finding lost playlists or recently disappeared files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where were the files stored and you can confirm that the files themselves are gone? Did you maybe do some delete operation in MediaMonkey and had it accidentally set to remove the files from the PC too?
Fidofelix

Post by Fidofelix »

I have no idea which files are gone. It's easy to see the ones which are there. The playlist still comes up on the list when I choose to send a track to a playlist, but I can't find it anywhere. MM really needs some search facility.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can search for files in MediaMonkey, but not Playlists. Maybe it's nested under another Playlist?