Inconsistent display within All Tracks [#15110]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

JimPa

Inconsistent display within All Tracks [#15110]

Post by JimPa »

Bit hard to describe this one but I'll do my best... In the media tree on the left I have these 2 nodes displaying (with music sorted by date 'Added'):

Music>All tracks
Playlists

If I click directly onto the 'All tracks' node, it's missing the first 7 tracks which should be at the top as they were added most recently (don't know why it's 7 that are missing). If I click the 'Added' column again to reverse the order and then click it once more to again reorder by date added, those missing 7 tracks come back to the top. But if I then click away (e.g. click on the Playlists node) and then click back onto 'All tracks' then those 7 most recent tracks are gone again unless I click 'Added' 2 more times.

It's not just 'Added' that this happens with. With All Tracks displayed try ordering by 'Artist', then click away onto Playlists and then back into All Tracks. Now the first 2 of my tracks have disappeared unless I reorder again by clicking twice on 'Artist'. I think it does it on most of the columns.

So basically, choose a sort order in All Tracks, click away onto Playlists and then click back into All Tracks - is it the exact same list of tracks you're seeing?
Ludek

Re: Inconsistent display within All Tracks

Post by Ludek »

I cannot seem to replicate.

Which view + subviews are you using in the 'All Tracks' node?
'List View' or 'Album + Tracks' ? 'Column Browser' enabled?

Are you sure that you are returning to the same collection?
Are you using navigation back button on the toolbar or clicking the 'All Tracks' node directly?
If you press F5, does it re-orders itself correctly or not?
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

I'm using List View with the column browser enabled. It doesn't seem to do it when I switch to 'Album & Tracks' view.

** Are you sure that you are returning to the same collection?
Yep, definitely.

** Are you using navigation back button on the toolbar or clicking the 'All Tracks' node directly?
Clicking the 'All Tracks' node directly.

** If you press F5, does it re-orders itself correctly or not?
When I'm looking at 'All Tracks' and press F5 (or select Refresh from the menu) the whole track list disappears and it says "0 files, 0B, 00:00" in the Statusbar. Also the column browser then has 0 Genres, 0 Artists and 0 Albums displaying in it. If I then click the All Tracks node again it all comes back (apart from the missing entries at the top). Very odd.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Hmm ... just tried and cannot reproduce. Can you send your database (MM.DB from portable folder ... to petr <att> mediamonkey <dott> com) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

Tried deleting my install and reinstalling and all is fine now - strange. Will double check against the other bugs I've raised to see if they're also false.
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

Actually, forget that, the bug is still there but it only happens if the column browser is enabled. Try doing what I said but make sure column browser is enabled and the bug comes back (for me). As soon as I disable column browser it works as expected.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I still cannot replicate (even with Column Browser enabled), but I see that this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91100
issue is now reproducible (when 'Column Browser' is enabled), tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15109
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

I've reproduced with enabled column browser. Tracked as 15110.
JimPa

Re: Inconsistent display within All Tracks [#15110]

Post by JimPa »

The bug is marked as fixed in Mantis but still happens for me in latest build 5.0.0.2124

I can reproduce by:

1) Click "Music>All Tracks" with column header disabled and sort view by "Date added". Result: it shows all tracks sorted correctly including the last track added at the very top of the list (as expected).
2) Turn on Column browser
3) Click away onto any other node, e.g. "Video"
4) Click back on "Music>All Tracks" and it's no longer sorted in the correct order of date added (though that column is still marked as the sorted column). For some reason they're now listed vaguely in order until you start to reach maybe 2/3 near the bottom of the list, at which point the "Date added" is all over the place and the most recent track I added is wrongly placed at the very bottom of the list. If you toggle the "Added" column twice it displays in the correct order again until you go back to step 3.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Still happens ? Strange as i can no longer reproduce ... will check again.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't replicate also.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I can replicate it using steps given.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzoiy694fkpif ... 1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yv97p318wm53 ... 2.png?dl=0

Maybe it is a size of library thing. I have 45896 tracks. ... Have many tracks you have JimPa?

The only things that I notice are:
* it keeps album tracks together in groups; I suppose that is not surprising because I rip whole albums
* albums don't seem to be duplicated, just out of sequence
* as JimPa says, it seems to have much of the library in expected sequence, but past the half way point there are groups of whole album blocks out of sequence ... lots of them

ps: I am on the latest (2124)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

My library is about half your size - around 23,000 tracks.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

I've reproduced on large database and fixed.