Playlist contents not displayed until playlist is clicked into [#15109]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

JimPa

Playlist contents not displayed until playlist is clicked into [#15109]

Post by JimPa »

If you have multiple playlists and select one in the left pane, it doesn't display the contents in the status bar (i.e. the number of files, size and duration of the playlist etc) until the user then clicks on one of the tracks within the playlist. So if you wanted to see how many tracks etc are within a playlist you need 2 clicks. Would have expected the playlist details to appear in the status bar after clicking once on the playlist in the left pane (this is what happens in MM4).
Ludek

Re: Playlist contents not displayed until playlist is clicked into

Post by Ludek »

I don't see this.

Do you have the 'Status bar' subview active:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlzq9mw1og5ws ... 2.png?dl=0
?

For me it is always showing (both in the 'Info panel' and 'Status bar' subviews) per the screenshot above
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

Strange as it's definitely 100% reproducible for me. I do have the Statusbar active but whenever I click any playlist, the statusbar is blank until I actually click on a track, at which point it appears.

Although strangely for any playlist I have which is empty it shows "0 files, 0B, 00:00" straight away in the status bar. It's just the ones that have tracks in them that don't display the status details until I actively click a track.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Aha, when 'Column Browser' is enabled then this issue appears, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15109
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

Agreed, it does seem to happen only when Column browser is enabled. And if it sheds any light on the bug, I am able to see the playlist details flash in the status bar for just a fraction of a second, then it disappears.