Can I automatically sync playlists dynamically

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gregorywest

Can I automatically sync playlists dynamically

Post by gregorywest »

Here is what I would like to do. Set up a play list of my devices I want synced, one list for each device. In this play list I would like individual songs/videos, and or other play lists. The end goal here is all I have to do is update the master playlist that is synced to my device, then when I connect at night, all the changes will be sent to my iPod (or if I desire synced over WiFi).

Is something like this possible? Would be a huge feather in MediaMonkey's cap if this can be done.

Greg
Lowlander

Re: Can I automatically sync playlists dynamically

Post by Lowlander »

AutoPlaylists can reference other Playlists. However why not just select the content (including Playlists) in each Device Profile? It is dynamic too and whenever files match the selection they'll be included in the sync.
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

Maybe I am missing something. Can I set up what I want synced to a device, even when the device is not connected to my MMW? I am looking mainly at my Android device that I almost always sync over WiFi. I would set up what to sync on my desktop, and my tablet would move the playlists and media when ever it tries to sync up. Does this make any sense, or am I going about this all wrong?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can setup what to sync on either MMW or MMA. The Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) in MMW can be accessed without the device connected.

AutoPlaylists are dynamic and will update on each sync with any changes you made in the Library in MMW.
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

I am in MMA going through UPnP Ican download/sync individule tracks, but I can not figure out how to sync/dl a playlist. Any hints on how to start a playlist sync from MMA. Downloading from desktop to MMA
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

UPnP is not sync. It's meant to stream from a DLNA server (like MMW).
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

ok, now I am confused, how do I create a sync on MMA. Think there is something important I am missing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you read the linked Help? You use Sync Now on the Homescreen or go through the Options.
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

Got it! Everything is working fije now.