Now Playing artwork [#15042]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Now Playing artwork [#15042]

Post by dtsig »

In mmw4 you can see the artwork very nicely. infact dclick it and you get the artwork in a separate window. For those of use who work hard to get original artwork etc this is a nice feature.
This feature is not available in MM5. In fact the standard display of artwork is very bad. I am in layout 'advanced'. Artwork only works correctly but then of course I lose the link for wikipedia .. the side by side shows artwork and link but the art work is not resizable and it does not allow dclicking.
There must be a way to have the text overlaying the graphic without losing all quality .. or give back the dclick so that we can get it is a separate window.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Barry4679

Re: 2120: Now Playing artwork

Post by Barry4679 »

I agree with dtsig that the art display facilities are not the best at the moment. And they are fragile & inconsistent

Art&Details; mode=Selected, Layout=Advanced: as dtsig reported for the Playing panel; the art is washed out (this must be fragile are of MM, as it seems to reoccur often) ... and no click to open an expanded display of the art

Change to layout=ArtworkOnly ... a click opens an art panel ... by default it opens to something like 3*3 inches

EntireLibrary|Albums or EntireLibrary|Artists ...Grid view .. click on an album to go to the inline album expansion ... and then click on the art ==> a great display, approx 5x5 inches by default

Switch across to Album&Tracks view ... no response from a click on album art? ... but if you stretch the Artwork column widith, the art expands

Switch across to List View ... the artwork column can be added, but is too tiny to be of any use ... the image doesn't expand if you stretch the column width ... no response from a click, but there is a tooltip, but the default size is only 2*2 inch

Can the art panels and tool tip be a consistent size, and can we configure the default size to something which is suitable to us?
Can the missing art clicks be activated?
Can the art expand in List view column?
Why a tool tip in only the one display?

dtsig wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:51 pm There must be a way to have the text overlaying the graphic without losing all quality
Yes. +1
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2120: Now Playing artwork

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15042

EDIT: I also added artwork showing on double-clicking the properties layer to fix the cases when artwork is fully overlayed by lyrics.
JimPa

Re: Now Playing artwork [#15042]

Post by JimPa »

Just checked in latest build (5.0.0.2126) and it works OK the first time artwork is clicked (artwork opens in a new window). But choose another track and then click/double click artwork and nothing happens.

Change skin and it works OK again on first click but subsequent clicks on artwork brings up nothing.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Agreed .. similar behavior as before

One note ... it is working pretty consistently in Side by Side layout ..
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

We are unable to replicate this :-/ (tested by me and Michal)

Does this happen in all layouts for you (except for the 'Side by side') ?
I suppose you have the 'Selected' mode to show selected track and just clicking the track in file-listing or now playing list?
Which exact area is clicked in the Art & Details window?

For me single click always works to bring the artwork in separate window, except for the case when the 'Advanced' layout is in edit mode and the properties area is clicked, which I suppose isn't your case?
Are you sure that you tested 2126? Could you try to install 2126 to another folder (so that interfering with other scripts and/or old builds is excluded) ?
JimPa

Post by JimPa »

I tried completely deleting my MM install and reinstalling. At first it worked OK but after changing skin a couple of times it reverted back to the problem.

It happens whether choosing Playing or Selected. Happens in all layouts.

Changing skin fixes it temporarily and I can then click anywhere in Art & Details to bring up artwork in new window. But if I then start a different music track playing the bug comes back again (clicking artwork does nothing) and I need to switch skin again to fix it.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

That it is!
You must start playback of a track to replicate the issue, thanks!

Will be fixed in the next release.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

this appears to be working much better ...
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig