MMW has stopped deleting files from Fiio X1 when syncing [#15136]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Marbrien

MMW has stopped deleting files from Fiio X1 when syncing [#15136]

Post by Marbrien »

MMW has suddenly stopped deleting files from my Fiio X1 when syncing, ie files which have been removed from MMW’s library. I can add files to the library and they are added to the X1 at the next sync, but if I remove a file from the library (and from the computer too) MMW does not delete the file from the X1 at the next sync. The deletion worked fine until not long ago, but suddenly has stopped working.

I have MediaMonkey for Windows (free version, 4.1.21.1875), Windows 10 Home version 1803, 64 bit.

In my Portable Device Sync config for the X1, on the Auto-Sync (-->Device) tab, ‘Delete other files and playlists from the device’ is checked and set to ‘All other media files’. Confirm deletion is also checked. I have tried changing the setting to ‘Unselected library files’ but it makes no difference. I only have music files on the X1.

Any ideas on the cause please?
Lowlander

Re: MMW has stopped deleting files from Fiio X1 when syncing

Post by Lowlander »

That's the default setting. By default only files in the Library that aren't on the sync list will be removed. You'll need to set the delete option in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) to All Media Files to have any files not in the Library be deleted from the device.
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

Unless I misunderstand you, I've already done what you suggested.

As I said, in my Portable Device Sync config for the X1, on the Auto-Sync (-->Device) tab, ‘Delete other files and playlists from the device’ is checked and set to ‘All other media files’. Confirm deletion is also checked. But files on the device but no longer in the library are not being deleted on the device during a sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe MediaMonkey doesn't see the files?
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

With the device hooked up to MMW, I can display the device's music files in MMW and delete them manually. But surely I shouldn't have to do that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

I tried the debug log and support ticket route, and all I was told was that my device profile is set up correctly. I'm wondering if there's a problem with whatever database MMW maintains for the device. How can I clear down the device in such a way that MMW knows it is clear, allowing me to resync the whole library again to the device from scratch?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You manually delete all tracks on device from Windows explorer, start MMW and resync.

Sorry for not being there I had power outrage, I have not seen you replied to my messages?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

Hello Pavle,

Well I waited for your Skype for some time, but then I sent you a Skype text saying I was giving up. Never mind.

Just a question on clearing down the device. If I do it in Windows Explorer as you suggested, how does MMW know the deletion has occurred? Where does MMW keep its database for the device? Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As X1 is not Android system and MMA can't be installed on it, MMW will scan device for changes on connection or if disabled on Sync so it will not duplicate files. Also it should be possible to make MMW X1 profile to support Playlists.

Even this is older post http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40741 problem is most likely with path and format that X1 recognize, that is why I wanted to get directly. My internet connection stabilized (I hope idiots will not cut the Optical Cable again), send me a msg on skype.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Marbrien

Post by Marbrien »

I have sent you a Skype text.
Peke

Re: MMW has stopped deleting files from Fiio X1 when syncing [#15136]

Post by Peke »