MMA ratings disappear after sync Log ID IPEWDNMDBQ

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TroubleClef

MMA ratings disappear after sync Log ID IPEWDNMDBQ

Post by TroubleClef »

I did a sync last night which crashed and a debug log was created although I don't have the number. Anyway, I didn't realize until now that all my song ratings from the entire playlist in MMA are gone, not just the new ratings from yesterday that should have synced last night. Also all the album art seems to have reverted to an earlier state.

HELP!

MMA 1.3.2.0806
Last edited by TroubleClef on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Re: MMA ratings disappear after sync

Post by Lowlander »

Are saying that any changes you made in MMA are lost? How about the files in MMW, are they in the correct state?
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Yes all the ratings I have made in MMA over the last year + are gone. The album art still exists in MMA, but in many cases it seems to reflect old versions had been replaced via sync with MMW.

I can't check on the status of MMW until I get home tonight, I didn't realize the problem until I was at work this morning.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA only saves changes to its database when you edit files. Regular syncs with MMW would be recommended if using MMA for tagging.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote:MMA only saves changes to its database when you edit files. Regular syncs with MMW would be recommended if using MMA for tagging.
I sync with MMW regularly. Yesterday there were only a handful of MMA edits to sync which is why I don't understand how everything else disappeared.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have it set to update tags to MMW on sync?
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote:Do you have it set to update tags to MMW on sync?

I've tagged 1000's of songs with ratings in MMA and synced 100's of times over the last year, and the changes have always updated my MMW library. I also make changes to album art in MMW that update MMA on the next sync.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote:Are saying that any changes you made in MMA are lost? How about the files in MMW, are they in the correct state?
Everything looks ok in the MMW library, even the recent ratings that needed to be synced went through before it failed I guess. Any ideas??

I also created a debug log: Log ID IPEWDNMDBQ

UPDATE: After several tries tonight the sync actually restored all the tags to my playlist. 2400 + songs... The app seems pretty unstable though, it crashed several times. Hopefully the next beta version of MMA is forthcoming...
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef

MMA song ratings missing again Log ID NQWW1E85DG

Post by TroubleClef »

I updated to MMA 1.3.2.0810 a few days ago.

I successfully synced to MMW last night but today MMA suddenly crashed and I lost all my song ratings, even ratings that have already been synced with MMW. Also the album art reverted to an earlier state.

This seems to be a repeat of problems I was having a couple weeks ago. The MMA updates last week seemed to resolve things, and it was even working fine with the latest update until it suddenly crashed today.

EDIT: It looks like the moderator has attached this post to an earlier topic of mine. But as noted in this post, this problem now applies to a different MMA version, and has a different debug ID.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Re: MMA ratings disappear after sync Log ID IPEWDNMDBQ

Post by Peke »

Hi,
810 fixed things, nut looks like not all, can you please send us log from 810 please and write down log id here?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TroubleClef

Re: MMA ratings disappear after sync Log ID IPEWDNMDBQ

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote:Hi,
810 fixed things, nut looks like not all, can you please send us log from 810 please and write down log id here?

The post you responded to has the log id in the title, from version 810. NQWW1E85DG

Also just noticed today that songs are re-downloading when syncing, again... Here's a new debug log for that: QFG2LJNY3D
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester