Ratings do not transfer

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

quantumqabalist

Ratings do not transfer

Post by quantumqabalist »

I had my 4483 songs all rated in media monkey when my screen cracked and I had to get a new phone. My songs are all on an SD card but when I plugged them into MediaMonkey on my new phone, none of the ratings transferred over, making me have to re-rate them all again. Maybe this just isn't a feature that MediaMonkey has on Android but it sure would be a handy feature. I have been using MediaMonkey for Windows for several years because it beats out every other media player and seem to remember it attaching the ratings to the MP3 files so that information would be available to the next device if those files were moved.
Lowlander

Re: Ratings do not transfer

Post by Lowlander »

MMA doesn't tag the files themselves, instead it only saves changes in the database (at least for now). Syncing back to MMW will get the Ratings to the files themselves.

If the device was still operational a USB sync should have done the trick to get Ratings into MMW.
quantumqabalist

Post by quantumqabalist »

I tried that but it didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it correctly. What are the correct steps to do that?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Enable auto-sync file metadata from device to PC in the Device Profile. If the files on the device are matched to those in MMW it should sync tags back (it may also look at modified date).
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

i just set up usb sync between mmw and mma.

files seem to sync from mmw->mma fine.

ratings seem to sync from mma->mmw fine.

however if i now change a rating on mmw, it does not sync to mma.

any ideas?
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mmw 5.0.4.2690 (gold lifetime)
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA?
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

thx for the quick reply

mmw 4.1.29.1910
mma 1.4.0.0934
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

further to this,

i started fresh with mma (reformatted sd card, uninstalled/reinstalled mma, etc.). synced a few folders to mma. changed a rating on mma and the rating synced back to mmw. so far so good.

then i changed the rating on the same track on mmw. now this track is gone from mma !

in case it's related, when i started fresh, it is adjusting track #'s on mma by adding 100. i will see if i can find how to fix that again.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

so strange. i removed :2 from Track# in the Music configuration for destinations, synced again, and now that missing track is back on MMA, correctly showing the track number as 2. but with *no* rating, even though on mmw the rating is set to 4.

i will stop experimenting and await feedback.

hope you have a chance to enjoy the long weekend !

les
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

one last thing. in the meantime, i finally was able to get wifi sync working. i deleted the albums on mma coz of the wrong track #'s, did wifi sync, and the track numbers are now fine. however it is still no syncing rating changes from mmw to mma.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)
lccseh

Post by lccseh »

lccseh wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:08 pm one last thing. in the meantime, i finally was able to get wifi sync working. i deleted the albums on mma coz of the wrong track #'s, did wifi sync, and the track numbers are now fine. however it is still no syncing rating changes from mmw to mma.
following up. quick recap.

when i first sync a track from mmw to mma, the ratings sync correctly as well.

if i change the rating on mma, it syncs properly back to mmw.

but if i then change the rating on mmw, the change no longer syncs to mma.
samsung s22
android 13, one ui 5.0
mma 2.0.0.1066 (pro)