2075: ISRC field not available in the list view layout

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

2075: ISRC field not available in the list view layout

Post by TIV73 »

Hey there,
the field ISRC is not available when using either List View or Grouped View, in neither the context menu when right clicking the column header nor in the Choose Columns dialog. This doesn't seem to be related to any specific type of music type or node, it applies to all music types and nodes (that I tried) as long as they support list/grouped view and allow the customization of displayed columns.

To reproduce:
  • Navigate to Music > All tracks or any other node using a similar layout
  • Try to display the ISRC field by right clicking the column header and enabling the column
Edit:
I just noticed that this is also true for MM4. Is that field maybe disabled intentionally?
MMFrLife

Re: 2075: ISRC field not available in the list view layout

Post by MMFrLife »

The only way I know of to get ISRC info to show in MM4 is with MagicNodes.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

A little nudge to bring this back into discussion.
Don't get me wrong - I realize that ISRC might not be the most exciting field out there, and if it's no then it's no, but I'd hate to see this functionality remain missing just because it was overlooked.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

ISRC field will be added in the next release of MM5, it was really only overlooked.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

That's great to hear, thanks a lot!
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

MiPi wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 am ISRC field will be added in the next release of MM5, it was really only overlooked.
That's good news.

Will it be able to read the ISRC from a CD, or are you talking about an ISRC tag field?
Or both?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Stigg wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 am Will it be able to read the ISRC from a CD, or are you talking about an ISRC tag field?
Or both?
I was talking about tag field. But in case, CD contains ISRC in CD-Text, it should be read too. I do not have any CD with ISRC to test now.