Stopped Adding Files/Folder Out of the Blue

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

caffeine

Stopped Adding Files/Folder Out of the Blue

Post by caffeine »

Out of the blue, MM stopped adding files/folders. This is version 4.1.18.1853 on Win7. My music is on a CIFS/SAMBA share named \\SATAN\mp3 on a Linux box. Example:

I added a few MP3/320CBR versions of albums on my network drive (Mellow Gold, Mutations, and Midnite Vultures were all added 11/17/2017):

Normally, I just add the folder and it appears in MM's library since I have 'continuous scanning' enabled on my network music drive, \\SATAN\mp3. This time it didn't. I tried to manually add the new folders by hand, and I *see* the folders in the MM Add/Scan GUI:

but for some reason they aren't being added to my library:

MM is one of the few apps I know very little about because everything just works out of the box. I never really spent time having to diagnose stuff [*] on it, which is great, but as a result, I'm unfamiliar with the application, so this problem has me at a loss. I don't know what to do.

Help? Any advice or tips on how to diagnose this problem?

Thank you!

[*] Actually, 4.1.18.1853 is the first version that has ever crashed on me. It doesn't seem to like changing MP3ID tags or song ratings while the song is playing. I never had this problem before and it only happens sporadically, but I'm not going to hold it against MM until the next version is released. Haha!
Lowlander

Re: Stopped Adding Files/Folder Out of the Blue

Post by Lowlander »

caffeine

Post by caffeine »

That fixed it, thank you.

Hopefully it will fix the crashing too -- In my ... 3 or 4 years of MM, I don't think it's ever crashed on me before.

Usually, MM tells me when there's an update waiting to be installed, and I install it right away. What happened?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not all updates get pushed through that channel.
caffeine

Post by caffeine »

Understood, thank you.

That's too bad!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Actually it is for user protection as only confirmed updates are pushed that way.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts