Songs suddenly disappearing (greyed out and not found)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bramish

Songs suddenly disappearing (greyed out and not found)

Post by bramish »

Only just noticed this so I've now lost a total of 109 tracks somehow, as in they are greyed, their location still points to where they should be in my Library, but they no longer exist in that folder. No idea what's going on.

I have Auto-Organise on and haven't changed any settings.

I just tested it my creating a new MP3 (Radiohead - Exit Music), dragging it from my Desktop into Music on Media Monkey, playing it, rating it, exiting MediaMonkey, and then re-opening it to find it is greyed out.

A lot of the tracks are ones I might have recently added, or ones I've changed the rating or name of, but not the location.

Any ideas as this is really annoying since I don't know what I'm doing that might be deleting them and therefore don't want to use Media Monkey for fear of losing more songs.

Here are a few screenshots that might help?

http://imgur.com/a/FfThM

MMGold 4.1.18.1842
Windows 7
MMFrLife

Re: Songs suddenly disappearing (greyed out and not found)

Post by MMFrLife »

MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do the same steps (with a copy of a file) and keep Explorer open as well. This should allow you to see when the file disappears. It could be MediaMonkey (but no one else is reporting this) or it could be something else moving the files. You should also do a PC wide search to see if the files are to be found anywhere.

Also make sure you're on MediaMonkey 4.1.17.
bramish

Post by bramish »

Thanks. I've been trying that but so far nothing's vanished. It seems to be quite random.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Did you try searching with Win search?
MM 4.1.17?
Does this only seem to happen when doing things outside of MM?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
bramish

Post by bramish »

Yeah, the files are gone. I don't edit or move any music outside of MMW.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Sounds like a freak accident. Hopefully it won't happen again.
Did you try looking in the Recycle Bin?
๐Ÿ˜œ