Problems when dragging new files into MMW

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bramish

Problems when dragging new files into MMW

Post by bramish »

All of my library files are in one folder on my PC. It used to be if I dragged files from a folder outside of this into 'Music' in MMW's left side menu tree it would automatically move them from that folder into the one all my other files are stored in. This is not the case now and I'm having to physically move them.
MMFrLife

Re: Problems when dragging new files into MMW

Post by MMFrLife »

Is the source folder, that you're dragging from, also in the library?
What version of MM (numbers)?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
bramish

Post by bramish »

No, it@s on an external drive. Version is 4.1.16.1386
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Do you remember from past if what you were dragging and dropping had both source and destination folders in library.

A quick way to test is to create a TEST folder, so named, on the external drive.
Copy a file to it in explorer (with MM running) > scan the TEST folder into library > drag and drop as you claimed to destination (TEST), see what happens
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Actually, do you have folder monitoring running (did you in the past)? If not, enable first and try again if you already tried TEST.
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Drag & Drop to add files to the Library doesn't move them, it just scans them into the Library. You may have had Tools > Options > Auto-Organize enabled, it will automatically move files.
bramish

Post by bramish »

Ahhh. So simple! Thanks!