MMA not syncing new phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

PDoyle

MMA not syncing new phone

Post by PDoyle »

New S7 Edge; new 128 GB microsdxc card; syncing has been erratic and incomplete. Sync is waiting for background processes to complete; appears most attempts. I have reformatted the card on windows 10 exFAT; twice. I have copied the MediaMonkey folder from the previous card, and placed it on the new card; deleting the new folder from new card. Yesterday I thought the USB sync worked for 7000 tracks; but today, most of the tracks are missing. Tried USB sync again today; but MMA didn't allow syncing to the card; only to internal storage. I gave MMA permissions to do everything with the card and phone. Then Tried USB sync again today; the card froze after 7 tracks. Rebooted device. Now it shows option of syncing to card, but when attempted, now I keep seeing Sync is waiting for background processes to complete. Thanks for help.
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627 (Portable mode)
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
Snofru

Re: MMA not syncing new phone

Post by Snofru »

I never was happy with USB sync. Since I use Wifi sync everything works fine.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is generally caused by the MTP drivers freezing and isn't uncommon for Android, Samsung is specific devices. Wifi sync will avoid this, but do make sure both MMA and MMW are up-to-date.
Cameron Campbell

Post by Cameron Campbell »

I have trouble with USB sync every time I switch phones, until I remember to install the phone manufacturer's driver on the PC I am using. I just lost a week trying to sync to mg new LG phone. It was sort of working, but erratic, with strange problems. Finally I remembered, as I eventually do, to install the drivers on my PC, and it works fine now. I had this issue with Samsung phones in the past as well.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Cameron Campbell wrote:I have trouble with USB sync every time I switch phones, until I remember to install the phone manufacturer's driver on the PC I am using. I just lost a week trying to sync to mg new LG phone. It was sort of working, but erratic, with strange problems. Finally I remembered, as I eventually do, to install the drivers on my PC, and it works fine now. I had this issue with Samsung phones in the past as well.
+1 That something easy to forget :) :roll: 8)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
camecamp

Post by camecamp »

As a follow-up, when I looked closely, even after the apparently successful USB sync on the LG V20, it seemed that some playlists were persistently not syncing over, for no apparent reason.

I wiped the SD card and MMA folders on internal storage etc., and started again with WiFi sync. I ran into some hiccoughs there, as I report in another post, but now things seem to be working smoothly.