OneDrive syncing for Groove

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Corneloues

OneDrive syncing for Groove

Post by Corneloues »

I'm interested in writing this if the USB Mass Storage plugin cannot be adapted.

This plugin would work exactly as the USBMS plugin but would have a target directory of OneDrive music folder with options to sync to a local OD folder or remotely via the API if not synced.

The plugin should also be able to create Groove playlists from MM playlists.

Groove is great for syncing music across all devices, but no good for managing large libraries. MM is still the king for this.

Is the source for the USBMS add-on on GitHub for example? Can it be forked?

Cheers,

Roy
Peke

Re: OneDrive syncing for Groove

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Cloud sync and handling is planned feature for MM5, USB can be used to mount Folder as drive.
See fo example this http://superuser.com/questions/109407/h ... -windows-7 that registry hack works OK for me.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Corneloues

Post by Corneloues »

Pavle,

Thanks for this. However, since MS removed support for placeholders I no longer sync my OD music folder. I already have my music locally (need to as a DJ) ams simply use the remote folder to have music when I'm out and about.

If MM5's cloud sync can do this without the need for local mapping/syncing then this is good news.

Next question is how does one become a beta tester ;-)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Corneloues wrote:how does one become a beta tester
Go to user control panel > usergroups tab > Beta testers, at bottom > select radio button to right > make sure drop down menu
at bottom right is set to join selected > submit button :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜