Artist Image Tagger 0.5

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Artist Image Tagger 0.5

Post by fizzjob »

I wrote this to go along with my Now Playing HTML Panel - it's a script that will help you find artist backdrop images and tag your tracks with them.

• You can choose from three different web sources (FanArt.tv, HTBackdrops.org and TheAudioDB.com) or choose a locally stored file.
  • Click on the thumbnail to get a larger view so you can get a better idea of what you're downloading.
  • You can tag every track by the selected artist, or just the selected track(s).
  • You can embed the image in the file, or save them to a central location and link to them.
A few things to note:
  • The script relies on MusicBrainz, and once in a while MusicBrainz rate limits and throws back a 503 error so you might see that once in a while. Just re-run the script.
  • I can't get the scrollbars to appear when there are more images, but you CAN scroll the image grid with the mouse wheel if there are more images than fit on-screen.
  • A lot of non-alphanumeric characters get stripped out before the script submits queries to MusicBrainz, so some bands that you would expect to get results (like AC/DC) won't. I'm still tweaking/adjusting that.
  • For reasons I'm unclear on, the script seems to run a lot better if you're not playing any music. If MediaMonkey is playing the script seems to stop working after a few runs.
    Once in a while you'll just get a white panel. I'm pretty sure that's something to do with not getting any response from MusicBrainz, but I haven't figured it out yet. If that happens, it seems to bring MediaMonkey to its' knees and you have to kill the program from the Task Manager. Still working on that, too. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xtvbj ... agger.mmip
Lowlander

Re: Artist Image Tagger 0.5

Post by Lowlander »

Great! Can I ask why MusicBrainz is involved if the source sites aren't MusicBrainz?

I'd really love to see this as an auto-tag my whole Library in the background Addon, of course it would also be nice if MM displayed the Artist Artwork when browsing an Artist.
fizzjob

Re: Artist Image Tagger 0.5

Post by fizzjob »

Lowlander wrote:Great! Can I ask why MusicBrainz is involved if the source sites aren't MusicBrainz?

I'd really love to see this as an auto-tag my whole Library in the background Addon, of course it would also be nice if MM displayed the Artist Artwork when browsing an Artist.
Thanks! MusicBrainz is involved because the APIs for FanArt and TheAudioDB require you to use the MusicBrainz ID of an artist when you do an artist lookup through their API. If it was just HTBackdrops, I could get away with just using the artist name.