Won't play to local player [#13095]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Chrissloan84

Won't play to local player [#13095]

Post by Chrissloan84 »

Hi,

I've recently got a new phone (xperia z3, android 6 marshmallow) and moved my music to it. MediaMonkey can read all the files and displays the information but when I play any files it immediately goes back to pause without making a sound.
This happens with MP3 and flac files. It happens when playing through the phone speaker or over Bluetooth, but interestingly everything works as normal when connected to my DLNA renderer at home.
Sound is working fine on all other apps and the music files play normally through an alternative app. The phone is rooted if that makes any difference.
I have version 1.1.3.0529.
I've tried wiping the files and reinstalling and I've tried the latest beta version and I get the same problem.
I've sent in a debug log ID: L2DJPFQTB4.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks

Chris
martin.bohac

Re: Won't play to local player

Post by martin.bohac »

martin.bohac

Re: Won't play to local player

Post by martin.bohac »

Please can you try new beta build 1.1.3.537 and go to "Developer option" (Options/About MediaMonkey/tap on Media Monkey icon)
1)If playback is already started, use stop button in notification.
2)Tap to enable "Use alternative uri"
3)Play tracks and let me know whether it helps.

Thanks

Martin
rusty

Re: Won't play to local player [#13095]

Post by rusty »

Hi Chris,

Before you make any of the changes suggested by Martin, can you please update to the latest build (539) and generate a log for us if the problem persists (build 535 didn't log all of the data that we need to solve this)?

Please share the log ID in this thread.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Chrissloan84

Post by Chrissloan84 »

I've done that and submitted the report.

After trying Martin's suggestion I now get the message "Skipping tracks (missing codec)" when playing to the local player. Playing to the DLNA renderer still works fine.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

The mounting point of SD card is really strange on your Z3. Could you please try following things:

1 . Could you please try to explore the SD card in e.g. ES file explorer. Could you please tell me what do you see in header of ES file explorer when you click on SD card ? I.e. what is the path ?

2. After that please install new beta build 1.1.3.540 (will be available soon) and try to play the track. The developer option doesn't have to be allowed.

3. If it won't help. Could you please try to replace the SD card, start the phone, and then replace it back and start the phone again and then send logs. If you don't have another SD card, skip this.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Please download the new build from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f0udoc56b8ua ... a.apk?dl=0

We will not post it to play store now.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Btw. it looks like you are using Concept Marshmallow rom, aren't you? The path really looks like invalid. So it looks like a bug on system side. Everything works but system playback cannot process this path.
Chrissloan84

Post by Chrissloan84 »

It is the concept marshmallow rom, everything else about it works perfectly so I'm not that keen to change it. The SD card does have a strange name though. "public:179,65" which doesn't make much sense, that's not a name is given it.
Chrissloan84

Post by Chrissloan84 »

It's working again on your latest version (from the Dropbox link), whatever you changed did the trick. Thank-you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for update.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts