Jingle Player Function

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

rpt007

Jingle Player Function

Post by rpt007 »

Hi all,

I am starting to use MM more intensely and want to make it my first preference as DJ tool (non-professional).
The user interface is ok and as a long term WinAmp user I like the robustness over WinAmp, where I missed the blocking functions which can be activated by the DJ mode.
Having dealt for a short time with some prof. DJ apps - for me most of the built-in functions are too much for what I need.
But - the built-in jingle function which comes with most of them, is very useful.

To make MM complete (at least for my needs) I am looking for a similar Jingle Function which could be individually pre-filled, let's say with some 6-9 jingles, and a small keyboard has the pre-loaded keys to play the jingles.

Automatically the volume of the current song should be lowered by some db's so that the jingle takes the dominant part as long as it is playing.
This is very helpful to get the audience's attention. After the jingle is played the current song should come back to its normal volume and continues playing until its end or being interrupted again by the jingle function.

Would be nice if this feature could come with a future MM version or mightbe provided as plugin/addon by an experienced MM programmer.

Raimund
rpt007

Re: Jingle Player Function

Post by rpt007 »

.. the Jingle Rotation is not exactly what I am looking for.
Pls read more carefully how the function should look like.

It's not automatically playing in a circle, it should come with dedicated buttons for each pre-loaded jingle.
So you are able to play a short "Happy Birthday" jingle twice/three times by pressing the adequate jinle button two/three times and an "Drummer" jingle after that, before that, 2x, 3x - as often as you press the right button(s). The current playlist is still playing in the background but with reduced volume.

Hope that makes the feature more understandable.
rpt007

Post by rpt007 »

I am no programmer as stated in my first posting
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

only thing you can do is set up your system to use mediamonkey in dual instances. and set all the jingles in one play now list and use the other mediamonkey to play the music with. you want to stop music and click on a jingle that way and it works.
but some issues might happen like having both mm's play the music list and you hear it twice at the same time like an echo, other stuff might happen too.

all round best way would be use vlc player set the jingles up in that. stop music in mm then click on jingle in vlc or other player. but make sure you have all the options in all the players that you use, set up to NOT take over the music files, otherwise every time you open a player it will grab the music files and say that it will control them.
that is known as the media player war's.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rpt007

Post by rpt007 »

@rovingcowboy

Thank you for your good suggestion and explanation.
Might be a workaround for some time.

I only wonder - this category of the forum is (or I think it should be) a wishlist for future development of MediaMonkey (Gold, in this case I would assume).
Therefor the MM people should consider if they could accept such a suggestion or let their customers live with the current situation.
As I know that a lot of people (non-pros and semi-pros) use MM as a substitute for very expensive DJ apps - this should be ranking way above the lower end of the list to bind old customers and attract new ones.

Just a thought.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

lots of dj's in here some time might be needed for them to see your post but you can check with peke he is one he has made some scripts for dj's to use he might have your issue already done?
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
captain paranoia

Post by captain paranoia »

As a general user*, I would think that the proportion of users who are DJs is probably very small; well less than 1%, at a guess. Sadly, therefore, I would imagine the developers would give your request a very low priority, and concentrate their efforts on features that would benefit the vast majority of users.

So, realistically, I'd start looking at those workarounds...

* but someone involved in product development.
Peke

Post by Peke »

10 years ago I made http://mmfanbox.x10host.com/mmfanbox/quickplays.html not sure it still works and it contains bugs :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rpt007

Post by rpt007 »

Thanks Pavle,

Will give it a try

Raimund
Peke

Post by Peke »

Let us know if it still works.
Best regards,
Peke
rpt007

Post by rpt007 »

Hi Pavle et al,

first of all, hope you had (still have) a peaceful Christmas.
I am sorry to say that the plugin doesn't work anymore with the latest version 4 of MM Gold.

Kind regards
Raimund
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just test it and it still works, with one quirk. MMW Needs to be started as Admin or Installed as Portable due the UAC Windows policy :(

I'll see if I have time to make MMIP package.

To make it work follow this settings:
1. Download archive from http://mmfanbox.x10host.com/mmfanbox/quickplays.html
2. Extract "gen_quickplays.zip" <MMW install Folder>\Plugins
3. Start MMW
4. On first start Click CONFIG
5. Set Volume and right Playback Card (I setup mine to Default Direct sound)
6. Restart MMW
7. Setup Quick Keys to your need.
Best regards,
Peke
rpt007

Post by rpt007 »

Pavle,

thank you taking the time.
I always start MMW as admin.
Unfortunately MMW freezes due to having the gen_quickplay.dll in the plugin folder.

When I remove it manually from the folder MM starts over again as normal.
Any thoughts?

Raimund