Problems with updating tags on Vision:M

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jonathan_2006

Problems with updating tags on Vision:M

Post by jonathan_2006 »

Hi there

I have downloaded the latest version of MediaMonkey in order to be able to bulk-update MP3 tags on my wife's Creative Vision:M (its software requires the user to update each track individually!). This essentially is to correct the genre and add album art. Unfortunately, while the software goes through the motions correctly, and any changes show upon immediately completing them, as soon as I switch from and then back to that album, the changes are no longer there.

I don't have this problem with making changes to files on my hard drive, for example - if I add album art, it stays linked to the file. It is only those on the Vision:M where no changes to the MP3s' properties stay.

I haven't got the Vision:M syncronised to any files on the computer's hard drive (I don't have the space for this) - all I am attempting to do is update the MP3 tags of the files on the player.

Is anyone able to help me here? As a newbie to this programme I may be making a basic mistake... I've read through a number of posts but can't seem to find anything on this issue.

Many thanks
jonathan_2006

Post by jonathan_2006 »

Update: I am having this exact problem with all MP3 files on my PC as well - Media Monkey SOMETIMES changes all the tags as requested, but more often than not makes none of the changes or, even more weirdly, changes only some of tags. I am clicking the "enable to update all tracks" box, so that's not the problem. It's incredibly frustrating, as the ability to update multiple tags at once was the reason I downloaded this programme! Please, does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks.
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

you could try to synchronize the tags (menubar: choose extra)
but it should be done automatically if you checked the appropriate box, as you said you did.
try if synchronizing gets it right after all ?
PUNK IN DRUBLIC