Can't sync to SD memory with MMA 468 and MMW 1756

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dmcritchie

Can't sync to SD memory with MMA 468 and MMW 1756

Post by dmcritchie »

Recently my Galaxy S3's MMA 468 and my PC's MMW 1756 had their internal and external devices reversed. If I enabled external memory sync and disabled internal on MMA, the toggles were reversed on MMW, and internal sync was enabled and external disabled. And if I tried to sync, MMA's settings were ignored and the sync copied files from the PC to the phone's internal memory.

I deleted the two devices from MMW's Portable Device Sync menu, then reconnected from MMA, and the reversal was gone, at least as far as the toggles were concerned. However, now with external sync enabled and internal sync disabled on both the phone and the PC, a sync still downloads files from the PC to internal memory.

See log # LGU93A6FTJ

This may be the first time I have tried this since I moved MMW to another PC running Windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dennis
Lowlander

Re: Can't sync to SD memory with MMA 468 and MMW 1756

Post by Lowlander »

Just rename the 2 memories in MMW and set settings accordingly.
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Thanks for the quick response. But I'm not sure what you mean by "rename the two memories". Internal memory is deselected for sync on both devices, and external memory is selected for sync on both devices, as I tried to explain.

So what would I rename the memories to? And how is that done?

Thanks,
Dennis
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If the External memory Profile syncs to the Internal memory on the device the labels got switched. You can rename the Profiles in MMW to reflect this change and setup their sync settings accordingly.
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

The profile name does not seem to be the problem. The problem seems to be related to the fact that selecting internal or external memory on MMA does not update the selected sync profile on MMW. And setting a sync profile on MMW does not update the selected profile on MMA. So they can get out of sync, and seem disconnected in other ways as shown below.

I have tried syncing with all 4 combinations:
1) MMW internal -> MMA external: syncs to phone's internal memory
2) MMW external -> MMA external: syncs to phone internal memory
3) MMW internal -> MMA internal: sync fails during initialization
4) MMW external -> MMA internal: sync fails during initialization

I generated a log of the failures: LJDT3SYYBL

Not sure what is going on, but I hope the above provides some clues.

Thanks,
Dennis
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, I also see the profiles vice versa on my Samsung Galaxy S3.
Studing more, thanks!
Last edited by Ludek on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So far I haven't realized how this could happen in my case. But I done some tests previously (by manual edits of the StorageInfo.xml files) and then also re-installed my Android OS to CyanogenMod last week and this could be just a consequence. I will keep eye on it. In my case both the USB IDs and storageGUIDs matches, just the profile names are swapped, so in my case the workaround is just to rename them in MMW as Lowlander suggested.

To see what is going on in your case I would need this info:
1) Create MMDC file for each the profile (i.e. MMW -> SD Card -> Options -> Device Profile -> [Export device settings...], the same for the Internal Storage)
2) Post StorageInfo.xml for both the profiles (located physically in /MediaMonkey/files/StorageInfo.xml on each of the storages)
3) Create debug log (item 4b here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 ), just USB connect the device, start DbgView and then start MMW and wait until the devices appears in the UI

Thank you!
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, we've been able to replicate something similar to this at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12846

Thanks.

-Rusty
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Thanks Rusty.

I don't know if you saw that I did send Ludek the info he requested in:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -445-24201

Best,
Dennis
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for the logs/info.

We have analyzed the issue further and the symptomps are the same also in your case:

1) The profile names get swapped somehow, we found that if you change the profile settings in MMA, then MMA sends also the device profile (storage) name and in one point it most probably sent the swapped names. Now, it seems to be ok, also based on your files the names are no longer swapped. This will be fixed in next MMA build, but workaround for now is to change the profile settings in MMA (e.g. uncheck and check again the [x] Sync to this location checkbox) to force MMA to send the new (and correct) profile name to MMW.

2) MMA somehow auto-unchecked the library folders to which the content from MMW was synced, thus content from MMW was synced, just was not visible in MMA. The workaround is to enable this library folders in MMA again. This issue is investigated on MMA side and also tweaked in next MMW build to ensure that the folders in the sync masks (MMW -> Device -> Options -> File Locations) are always added.

Issue is tracked http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12846 and Marek is further investigating it on MMA side.

Thanks,
Ludek.
dmcritchie

Post by dmcritchie »

Thanks Ludek!

It now seems to be working fine with the latest versions of MMA and MMW.

Best,
Dennis