Switch track with slide on picture ?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MaximusPrime

Re: Switch track with slide on picture ?

Post by MaximusPrime »

I don't know if this is possibly at all, but talking about using MMA while driving wouldn't it be more usefull to have a bigger (or nearly Fullscreen) lockscreen widget with a bigger next/previous button or slide area? Just my two Cents ...
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

rusty wrote:I personally find that the next/previous swipe area is too small for when I'm driving.
Precisely - having to swipe on a small area like the title instead of the nice large picture is difficult while driving. And I think we can all agree that using this app while driving is going to be a pretty common use.
rusty wrote:So I wouldn't want to remove functionality, but figure out a way to make the most commonly used functionality more accessible/less prone to error (while retaining a mechanism to access lyrics).
For lyrics - swipe down? up? how about swipe left for skip (something people do pretty often) but swipe right for lyrics (because I would think using the previous function is much less commonly used).

Or we could swipe on the title for Lyrics, and swipe on the picture for next/previous.

Just a few suggestions. Some of which I guess could be a configuration setting.
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

So, any chance of the skip track gesture changing? Please consider all the people in their cars trying to get to the next song without taking their eyes off the road for too long. No one needs to see lyrics in the car (well, ok, no one should be looking at lyrics in the car).

Personally, I vote for my last suggestion of "swipe on the title for Lyrics, and swipe on the picture for next/previous."
King Mustard

Possible to swipe left and right to change tracks?

Post by King Mustard »

At the moment, swiping left displays available lyrics and swiping right does nothing.

Is it possible to make swiping left and right change tracks?
Lowlander

Re: Possible to swipe left and right to change tracks?

Post by Lowlander »

You can already do this on the track information itself (not the Artwork).
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm You can already do this on the track information itself (not the Artwork).
I have my phone on a windscreen mount in my car, so would be lovely if I can swipe anywhere on the Now Playing screen.
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm You can already do this on the track information itself (not the Artwork).
Yes, you've told us this before. Our point is, Next Track is a function used much more often than View Lyrics, and the access should therefore be easier for the more common function. Or, as I said before:
timepiece wrote: Precisely - having to swipe on a small area like the title instead of the nice large picture is difficult while driving. And I think we can all agree that using this app while driving is going to be a pretty common use.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
From what I have tested in My car (I have Android Head Unit), I think that Tap/Swipe behavior could be improved eg.:
1. Single Pat on Album art = Play/Pause
2. Double tap on Album Art = Switch view (Album Art/lyrics/...)
3. Swipe on Album art = Play Prev/Next Track

Would that be satisfying?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts