Switch track with slide on picture ?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Switch track with slide on picture ?

Post by nonob »

Hi,
Actually, when i swipe my finger on the track picture, it switch to the lyrics view.
To witch track, i must swipe on the track info at the bottom of the player.

Could you add an option to enable changing track with a swipe on all the player ? (when the suer doesn't need lyrics, like me)

thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Lowlander

Re: Switch track with slide on picture ?

Post by Lowlander »

Slide on the song info (title, artist) to switch tracks.
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi :)

Yes, i know. So my question is : "Could you add an option to expand the swipe zone to all the player (picture) if i don't want (or don't need) lyrics info ?"
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I hope not as it's a convenient way to see the lyrics and swipe is already available.
mcow

Post by mcow »

The issue here, lowlander, is: if you want to look at lyrics, then you are probably in a position where you can take your time to locate some less convenient point in the user-interface.

Full-image swipe can be performed by someone who perhaps is not able to devote all of her attention to the screen at the moment. Allocating that easy gesture to a finicky, attention-demanding feature like lyrics when it could be used for something everybody needs, like control over playback, is simply not rational.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

mcow wrote:The issue here, lowlander, is: if you want to look at lyrics, then you are probably in a position where you can take your time to locate some less convenient point in the user-interface.

Full-image swipe can be performed by someone who perhaps is not able to devote all of her attention to the screen at the moment. Allocating that easy gesture to a finicky, attention-demanding feature like lyrics when it could be used for something everybody needs, like control over playback, is simply not rational.
And this is another example of where the function really needs to be towards the *mobile* user.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm listening. Thanks for the feedback.

I'll keep it in mind as well consider UI changes in 1.2.

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

mcow wrote:The issue here, lowlander, is: if you want to look at lyrics, then you are probably in a position where you can take your time to locate some less convenient point in the user-interface.

Yed, i think about that essentially when i am in my car, where it is difficukt to change track, and where i don't need lyrics..

creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

I second this wholeheartedly!

Every other player allows a swipe on album art to skip tracks, and most allow a double tap to pause/play. There have been many instances where I was driving or walking and could not hit the tiny area on the screen dedicated to the track info.

Lyrics are nice, but to assign a giant portion of the touch space to them just seems silly.

Lyrics on/off could be placed on the menu, screen swipes should be prioritized for essential functions.

Thanks OP for bringing this up!
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

rusty wrote:I'm listening. Thanks for the feedback.

I'll keep it in mind as well consider UI changes in 1.2.

-Rusty
Never had a doubt Rusty .. you guys are pretty good at response but sometimes the hammer is better than a velvet glove (not really sure what that means but sounds good :) ).
Lots of great features like "More from same album" .. when driving down the road playing off phone would be nice that these features are easier to get to. I know the complications of 'options' and glad it is you and not me :)
Try every feature on your phone while whipping down the road in heavy traffic and say .. hmm could that be easier :)
Thanks again for the great products
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So you're saying that track switching with a swipe on track info (as well as a tap on the next/previous buttons) is not convenient enough and should warrant making it more difficult to see lyrics? That's taking a step back in functionality.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:So you're saying that track switching with a swipe on track info (as well as a tap on the next/previous buttons) is not convenient enough and should warrant making it more difficult to see lyrics? That's taking a step back in functionality.
For me that is why I mention *option*. But if not at all possible for that to be optional then .. YES .. on a mobile device I believe one thing the UI should do is make things easier when you are mobile. Not sure that Lyrics are the first thing someone wants as they drive down the road. Why not have that as a option lie "more from .." is now?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Because slide already exists for next/previous, you're just expanding the area while removing functionality.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I think if you are talking to me (you talking to me ... in my best De Niro ) i think you misunderstand. I was not talking about the next/preious
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
rusty

Post by rusty »

I personally find that the next/previous swipe area is too small for when I'm driving.

So I wouldn't want to remove functionality, but figure out a way to make the most commonly used functionality more accessible/less prone to error (while retaining a mechanism to access lyrics).

-Rusty