Is it possible to change the player?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

micro

Is it possible to change the player?

Post by micro »

I have been using MediaMonkey a while now, and there is only one thing that annoys me about the program. With my setup, I have to have the player under the playlist window and that creates a big gray spot wich I can´t use. So I was wondering if it is possible to have the player where the arrows are in my illustration? Something like the player is in iTunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Image
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the player can't be a menu bar, would be a good idea though.

You could undock the player and display it in it's small format and located it over the place of the arrows.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You can click the middle button in the upper right corner of the player window and it will go into a 'windowshade' type mode, which makes the wasted space much less.

The player itself, not the main MM window.
micro

Post by micro »

Lowlander wrote:You could undock the player and display it in it's small format and located it over the place of the arrows.
I know, but then the player doesn´t show when mediamonkey isn´t active.
Teknojnky wrote:You can click the middle button in the upper right corner of the player window and it will go into a 'windowshade' type mode, which makes the wasted space much less.

The player itself, not the main MM window.
Ok, I´ll try that.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

The dev's have posted that vast improvements to the player are coming in 2.6, I guess we will all have to wait in anticipation until then.

Keep an eye on the beta forum, I'm sure the 2.6 beta's will appear there first (after 2.5.2 beta's are done of course).
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

why don't you put the player under the tree again.
it looks pretty cool too 8)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9436/setup0aw.jpg

PS i use minilyrics!

PS2: alternatively, you could use the space you have left to put the minilyrics window over there (if you use it ofcourse)
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I use the player above the tree, the only issue is that you can't adjust the tree pane width with the player docked like that. So if you have several subfolders, they start to get off the viewable pane.

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

ha bex, you just gave me a good idea,

i always found it annoying to have the window hanging over there, so i made some changes.
i now scrolls horizontal (otherwise i only have half sentences.

i can't make the screen the width of the tree, as sometimes, there are scrollbars, so i had to reserve space.
Looks professional though! 8)

greets from flanders! :P

edit: when there is no lrc (only txt), it still changes in another screen, but want to make them all lrc 's anyway :lol:
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
micro

Post by micro »

wallstreetwalker wrote:why don't you put the player under the tree again.
it looks pretty cool too 8)
As Teknojnky said, you can´t adjust the tree pane width with the player docked below the tree, and I would like to have that possibility.