Soundtouch not playing

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Noirceuil2

Soundtouch not playing

Post by Noirceuil2 »

I have a Bose SoundTouch. Within its configuration I have set up Mediamonkey's media server as a library. I can then see my MM music grouped by album, genre, etc. I can then even drill down into a genre, into an artist, select a song. But nothing plays.

Okay, so when I go into the config area for MediaMonkey's Media Sharing, on the Server tab I can all my requests coming in from the Bose IP. Status is Accepted.

So does Accepted mean that MediaMonkey has gotten the request and sent the tune out and so it is Bose's problem for not receiving it?
Or
Does Accepted mean MediaMonkey got the request, accepted it, but did not do anything with it, so it is a MediaMonkey issue? Is there a status after Accepted to indicate music sent?
nohitter151

Re: Soundtouch not playing

Post by nohitter151 »

It doesn't get any more specific than accepted. So every time the bose makes a request to mediamonkey, including every time it requests any kind of info (eg to populate the menu with albums, genres, etc.) it will show.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

hi there, I have a soundtouch speaker too and still trying to figure out how to stream to it. how did you configure it so streaming is possible from MM? thanks
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

i figured out why you couldn't get the file to play from sound touch. I didn't get to play from soundtouch at first too. It's is because the bitrate is higher than 160. is there a way to make this work?
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

nevermind, i got a 320 song to play over soundtouch. Still figuring this out.. :)
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

ok. sooo.. after some testing. found out that.. when you search the track in soundtouch. you're able to play it fine. you just can't go to it using my library and clicking it.. if anyone has any ideas it would be helpful..
I'm thinking because my library has too many songs.. around 36k
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried with a Playlist. You can play with the amount of files on it to see if you can find a point of failure as you have a hunch there may be. You may also want to search online (and the manufacturers forum) if there are any known issues with large libraries.
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

Hi lowlander. I tried from playlist and it doesn't work. my top rated has bout 160 songs in it. I will call bose tomorrow to see if they can trouble shoot why i can't play songs when search but not other ways
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

another interesting thing just found out. it only play when you search by tracks. I tried search my music by album and it doesn't play
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You still can also capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and send to support for developer analysis: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

i was just on the phone with Bose support guy. He is saying soundtouch app doesn't know how to read Media Monkey indexing. He put in a ticket to have it research. Do you think the the MediaMonkey developers can help if I submit the debug?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

They may and if Bose wants a direct communication with MediaMonkey I can put them in touch with the right guys.
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

sounds good. I'll put in the debug in a day or so. Media Monkey has become my favorite. This streaming to the Bose soundtouch is the last piece that would make me completely satisfy and be completely over Itunes. Can't believe I didnt' find Media Monkey before... it is so much better than Itunes in term of flexibility and functionality
hh_perth

Post by hh_perth »

I also use MM 4.1.8.1751 and updated Bose Soundtouch app. MM sees the Bose server and the Bose app reads the MM trees / playlists. But when it comes to play a song the app quits.

I think I miss some settings in MM. Any idea ?

Noirceuil2 wrote:I have a Bose SoundTouch. Within its configuration I have set up Mediamonkey's media server as a library. I can then see my MM music grouped by album, genre, etc. I can then even drill down into a genre, into an artist, select a song. But nothing plays.

Okay, so when I go into the config area for MediaMonkey's Media Sharing, on the Server tab I can all my requests coming in from the Bose IP. Status is Accepted.

So does Accepted mean that MediaMonkey has gotten the request and sent the tune out and so it is Bose's problem for not receiving it?
Or
Does Accepted mean MediaMonkey got the request, accepted it, but did not do anything with it, so it is a MediaMonkey issue? Is there a status after Accepted to indicate music sent?