another gigabeat user checking in...

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

danielbritt

another gigabeat user checking in...

Post by danielbritt »

i wanted to just post that i used a gigabeat (40gb). its a very underrated high quality unit (with horrible firmware) and i wanted to encourage more compatibility in the future versions of MM with the toshiba mp3 players.
rusty

Gigabeat compatibility

Post by rusty »

From what other users have written (we don't have this unit), the gigabeat functions correctly, except that it is rather slow.

There's not much that MM can do if there are firmware problems with the device :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Rusty

you are 100% correct...

Post by Guest »

just letting the people out there who run MM that there is a growing gigabeat community. i hope either toshiba or the indie rockbox project can get this gigabeat thing running at full steam.
gernot

gigabeat x30

Post by gernot »

gigabeat x30 works well, only the album covers don't work. mediamonkey is correcly changing the file into a sat file - the player recognices everything correctly.
as for the speed - gigabeat room is also not faster. though i have to say that both programs seem to be rather slow. it takes me about 2 1/2 hour to upload about 17 Gb. its faster than usb1 but is definitely not using usb2s max. bandwith.
greetings
gernot

Post by Guest »

What would you say was top speed for USB 2? Using the MM drag and drop trick, I'm trasferring 50Gb of data in about 4 hours. This seems pretty good to me, and certainly better than the 28 hours of unreliable transfer I used to get for the same amount of data with WMP. Could it be even faster? :o Are you taking account of HD speeds, etc?

Grassmarket