Improve search and random

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Ashran

Improve search and random

Post by Ashran »

I would love to have a way to search for songs in the following fashion.

Let's say I want to hear x songs from artist A, at random. I would type on the search "x Artist: A rand" (for instance). Or I would love to hear a random songs from tag T, in that case I would type "x Tag: T rand" and here they are.

This could be refined even further, with more elements, for instance instead of random, you could wish to hear less played track, you would type : "x Artist: A lessplayed rand" or with the most stars (x Artist: A moststars rand). I think you get the idea...

I dunno if it would be hard to make, either built in or by script I have no knowledge about that :p
trixmoto

Re: Improve search and random

Post by trixmoto »

It would be possible to do via scripting, yes. I guess the query string would have to be well thought out and clearly defined, but otherwise adding a dockable panel with a search box that adds songs to the now playing list is definitely doable.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

trixmoto wrote:It would be possible to do via scripting, yes. I guess the query string would have to be well thought out and clearly defined, but otherwise adding a dockable panel with a search box that adds songs to the now playing list is definitely doable.
okay. Is there a site or wiki to the basics of script making ? (which language to use, some tutorials, etc) so I'll see if it's in my meager abilities to do, or should I pester someone with the know how till he or she does it ? :p
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ashran

Post by Ashran »

Seems a bit too confusing for my meagers computer skills... I'll have to respectfully if somebody is up to snuff to do something like this or forget all about it :p