MM for the Windows Tablet App

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

misseltoeholly

MM for the Windows Tablet App

Post by misseltoeholly »

I'm completely new to touch screens and tablets, and to Mediamonkey, so I'm not even sure where my problems begin. I'm definitely a mouse and keyboard kind of gal.

I download the windows app, and I successfully imported my videos, and folders with music, but it seems that MM does not recognize I have audio files.

I can't make playlists with music, I add songs using the "add to playlist" button but it will not save. Songs will appear and play in the "now playing" and I can make empty playlists, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the songs on to the playlist.

I have folders in MM, with music, but the "all music" playlist has 2 flies....like it doesn't recognize it even has audio files, even though they play.

I have found lots of could be answers, but they all pertain to the regular windows version that has nice menus etc that I just can't find in this touch screen version.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
MMFrLife

Re: MM for the Windows Tablet App

Post by MMFrLife »

I can't really help you, as I don't have a tablet. Are you talking about Android or Windows RT?
There are separate areas of the forum for those: 2nd and 3rd section/rectangle down on the front board index page.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The MM8 is a beta App that is due for a major overhaul. Unfortunately that's a long time coming.
gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

Lowlander wrote:The MM8 is a beta App that is due for a major overhaul. Unfortunately that's a long time coming.
Yes, 10 months now and counting since we were told that a major update was imminent... I'm beginning to think "he's dead, Jim"...
Peke

Post by Peke »

He is alive and ticking, but we are not satisfied with quality. So until we get satisfied new version will not be released.

Sorry but we do not publish half done apps. MAin problen is that Modern UI very much depend what will Windows 9 bring :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
misseltoeholly

Post by misseltoeholly »

MMFrLife wrote:I can't really help you, as I don't have a tablet. Are you talking about Android or Windows RT?
There are separate areas of the forum for those: 2nd and 3rd section/rectangle down on the front board index page.
Thank you I will look there
gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

Peke wrote:MAin problen is that Modern UI very much depend what will Windows 9 bring :(
In that case, we shouldn't expect a new version of MM8 until Windows 9 is formally released by Microsoft?
So not until Spring 2015 at least...