"Replace function" to increase audio quality of collection

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MaTzeTung

"Replace function" to increase audio quality of collection

Post by MaTzeTung »

Hi,
I'd suggest a "replace current MP3" function when extracting CD's or comparing librarys
Why?
Well, I started to move my CD collection to mp3's ~ in 2003. Obviously disk space was much more limited then today and I choosed high compression (and lose sound) when ripping my CDs. Now I'd like to replace some of my older MP3 music with a new rip or switch to flac but I don't want to loose pictures or ratings. I would love to have a dialog like"Oh, these songs are already part of your library, would you like to replace them (but keeping pics and ratings) with a high quality or looseless rip instead?"

Cheers, hope it makes sense to you
M.
nohitter151

Re: "Replace function" to increase audio quality of collecti

Post by nohitter151 »

Agreed it would be useful but there is already a great tool for this - the "Advanced dupicate" addon by Bex.

It features a "Copy" and "Paste" metadata option in the right-click context menu that can be used to replace older files with new ones. (and you can choose which metadata to carry over via it's options including artwork, playlists the track is on, playcount, added date, last played date, etc.)

see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nd+and+fix
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MaTzeTung

Post by MaTzeTung »

Thx, I'll give it a try :-)
MaTzeTung

Post by MaTzeTung »

Sorry, tried duplicate finder but honestly: it's not very straight forward nor convinient. :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Select originals, right click Copy Metadata, select new files, right click Paste metadata. You can setup what should be copied and even can have the originals removed when the copy is complete. Ask any questions about its operation in its own forum thread.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, don't give up on this script. Give it a second chance. It's a lot easier than it looks at first glance.
As simple as select > right click > etc.. Download it and try it out on a copy file or two if you're worried about making a mistake.

Sure, it would be nice to have something like this natively, but since it's featured/endorsed on the site's Addons page, don't hold your
breath waiting for a similar feature to be in a future version of MM anytime soon.

Anyway, one of my top 5 favorite scripts - extremely useful!
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

awwh just go ahead and re do all the songs with cd rip feature of media monkey it'll be fun. 8)
:roll:
roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi