Gold 3.x upgrades to 4.x Issue

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

yougotem127

Gold 3.x upgrades to 4.x Issue

Post by yougotem127 »

I bought my MediaMonkey Gold 3.x in September 2011. In November of 2011 I was having problems and somehow the website upgraded me to 4.x and over a period of months I found My MediaMonkey application unsatisfactory - only now I realize it's because my gold features were disabled and i've been screwed out of my gold membership. I am irritated by this and don't want to pay them again to get a gold membership on 4, when it should have been provided me. I have proof of my purchase from the period between 11/10 and 11/11
Lowlander

Re: Gold 3.x upgrades to 4.x Issue

Post by Lowlander »

Did you contact support about a 4.x License: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ediamonkey
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

yougotem127 wrote:somehow the website upgraded me to 4.x
What?....so you went to the website to upgrade/download and there wasn't anything telling you what you were getting or what you thought you should be getting?
yougotem127 wrote:to get a gold membership on 4, when it should have been provided me
Why should it have been provided? Gold memberships are only good for upgrades "between" whole numbers (3.0 - 3.9; 4.0 - 4.9, etc.).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An email with an upgrade was send to all 3.x License holders that purchased within a year of 4.x's release. Those who didn't receive the email need to contact support with their Order Reference Number to get the upgraded License.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ah....ok, that explains it (I assume you mean within a year previous to 4). I was certainly well out of that range and upgraded to a lifetime around 4.0.x? anyway.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Within a year of 4.0's final first release. Those who purchased before that often qualified for a discount. Note that you only get a 4.x not a Lifetime License.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Lowlander wrote:Note that you only get a 4.x not a Lifetime License.
Well, of course not (they/MM would not have been that generous, and rightly so) :wink:
๐Ÿ˜œ