Mass migration of Podcasts from iTunes to MM

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DesmondPA

Mass migration of Podcasts from iTunes to MM

Post by DesmondPA »

I have a dilemma.

I have about 9,000 podcasts spread over about 100 podcast sources (URLs),
There is an eclectic mix to them as far as time is concerned, that is, some are still available from the Web to re-download, some are expired (quite a few as I keep quite a few for reference) and a few of them are geo-protected that I collected whilst abroad in another country by which if I re-download I get a typically 13 second stub of a file saying so (i.e. ‘this file is geo-protected’!); more importantly I have an MP3 tagger to modify most of them to my needs so I do NOT wish to re-download.

I repeat - I do NOT wish to re-download my Podcasts.

All of them are currently in iTunes and I wish to use Media Monkey to control and manage and listen to. MP3 tagging is outside the scope of my problem – I can manage that ok.

1. I have installed Media Monkey but not set any pointers to Podcast (or Music) location.
2. I have created an OPML file of all my Podcasts from iTunes.
3. I have in MM used the command Add Directories OPML and successfully added my ~100 Podcasts.
4. To START! Under the Global download options I have set the ‘Download Podcasts to:’ to ‘N:\MM_Podcasts\<Album>\<Title>’ and On Update download NO EPISODES.

OK …here is the dilemma.

I copy (for security) one Podcast Folder from the iTunes directory to the MM area i.e. ‘N:\MM_Podcasts\’

I do a Add/Rescan files to the Library under the Location area of MM. and now of course the contents of the folder.

IF I change the ‘PURPLE’ subscription to ‘download all episodes then I see DUPLICATES of my currently downloaded files PLUS typically any episode of this PODCAST that is STILL or currently available to download.

Where do I go from here to sync between what I currently have downloaded and that which I wish to download afresh?
DesmondPA

Re: Mass migration of Podcasts from iTunes to MM

Post by DesmondPA »

Well, by the silence... I guess there's no easy way..manual all the way...ah well....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've never migrated Podcasts so I can't help (neither confirm nor deny if it works).
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Nor have I. Not much of a podcast person and have never been an apple person, aside from the ultra rare need to use Quicktime. Sorry :(
But I have spent my fair share of doing hours worth of fixing and migrating type stuff on the computer so I feel your pain if you have to do it manually. :(
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜