VMWare Fusion and MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ripan

VMWare Fusion and MediaMonkey

Post by Ripan »

Hi,

I am a mac user that is using VMWare Fusion to run MediaMonkey. My library sits on the mac partition and is accessed through VMWare's shared folders (which show up as the Z: drive on Windows 7). When I scan the library, I have duplicate entries for each song, one with the path "Z:\xyz" and one with the path "\\vmware-host\sharedfolders\xyz". These both point to the same file but I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore one or the other.

Thanks,
Ripan
Lowlander

Re: VMWare Fusion and MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

Remove one from the Location node.

Make sure you don't have both enabled in the Add/Rescan Tracks dialog or the File Monitor.
DJ Nativus

Re: VMWare Fusion and MediaMonkey

Post by DJ Nativus »

I'm using MediaMonkey in this same setup but only have the Z folder so no duplicates. My issue is it's incredibly slow. I've given 6 GBs of RAM and 2 processing cores from my i5 CPU to the virtual machine. It's mainly slow whenever I use auto-organize. Even when manually doing auto-organize (not on library scan) it will take about 5 minutes to move 30 files. This seems absurdly slow. This is my mask:
Z:\murr\Music\Sorted\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$if(<Disc#>=00,,<Disc#>)$if(<Track#>=00,,<Track#> )<Title>

And I'm moving them from Z:\murr\Music\Prepare\POOL\

So they aren't changing drives or anything. When I had the same files back when my computer was a Windows box, it moved them in like two seconds. Anything I can try..?

Oh yeah.. my virtual machine is Windows 8.1 Pro within Mac OS 10.9.3

Thanks!

Edit: I think I should mention that the share is a 9 TB RAID array done as a RAID-Z (similar to RAID-5)