Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Ignotus

Re: Lyricator v1.1.4 (2014-02-18)

Post by Ignotus »

thehammer wrote:I have just release version 1.2.1.1 to implement the right click menu in the track list. Should save you time and give you the option to pick any of the sources on command now! Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.
Hi, thanks for the update! It looks like it works fine and does exactly what I was requesting. The only issue that I've run into is that AZLyrics isn't returning anything for me. I don't know that it is a Lyricator issue though. When I try to browse to AZLyrics.com in Firefox, I get "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I initially thought that maybe I somehow got temporarily banned maybe due to a bug in Lyricator, but it has been probably 30 minutes now and I still get the same message. It doesn't load in IE 11 and won't load on my Android phone either, so I know it's not something to do with my browser or even my PC. I then fired up my TOR browser and verified that I was getting a different IP (from Netherlands this time) and still got the same message. So I don't see how it could be an IP address ban either. When I check the various "is it down/up" websites, they all report that AZLyrics is UP. So I don't know what's going on with that. :-?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Ignotus wrote:
thehammer wrote:I have just release version 1.2.1.1 to implement the right click menu in the track list. Should save you time and give you the option to pick any of the sources on command now! Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.
Hi, thanks for the update! It looks like it works fine and does exactly what I was requesting. The only issue that I've run into is that AZLyrics isn't returning anything for me. I don't know that it is a Lyricator issue though. When I try to browse to AZLyrics.com in Firefox, I get "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I initially thought that maybe I somehow got temporarily banned maybe due to a bug in Lyricator, but it has been probably 30 minutes now and I still get the same message. It doesn't load in IE 11 and won't load on my Android phone either, so I know it's not something to do with my browser or even my PC. I then fired up my TOR browser and verified that I was getting a different IP (from Netherlands this time) and still got the same message. So I don't see how it could be an IP address ban either. When I check the various "is it down/up" websites, they all report that AZLyrics is UP. So I don't know what's going on with that. :-?
I have seen the same ban behavior from them in the past. I had to use free vpn service to get results. It eventually came back, but I don't know how long it took. I added a one second delay on AZLyrics to try and stop this from happening to people, but maybe it wasn't enough of a delay between calls. Some have suggested that it isn't speed that causes it, but rather the number of requests that don't match lyrics.
ImageSpoon!
spinorama

Re: Lyricator v1.2.1 (2014-03-16)

Post by spinorama »

I'm having a weird problem.

I'm using the new version of lyricator (1.2.1) and it sometimes it won't work at all. I just get the spinning icon and no lyric websites are listed on the top (letras, lyricsmode, mp3lyrics, etc) even though they are selected under "sources" in the lyricator options menu.

However, if I just GO to the lyricator options menu (don't even have to change anything) and then back out and run lyricator again, it will work normally like it should (for one or two more times of running it, then it will go back to not working)

This happens whether I select lyricator by using the right click option or by going to tools-scripts-lyricator.

I'm using the latest beta version of mediamonkey 4.1.1.1697

Before installing the new lyricator version, I did uninstall the earlier version I was using.

It's really weird that just going to the lyricator options menu seems to reset the program or something and makes it work for a couple runs.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or if maybe an old lyricator file is still on my computer somewhere causing this weird behavior.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, thanks. 8)
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

spinorama wrote:I'm having a weird problem.

I'm using the new version of lyricator (1.2.1) and it sometimes it won't work at all. I just get the spinning icon and no lyric websites are listed on the top (letras, lyricsmode, mp3lyrics, etc) even though they are selected under "sources" in the lyricator options menu.

However, if I just GO to the lyricator options menu (don't even have to change anything) and then back out and run lyricator again, it will work normally like it should (for one or two more times of running it, then it will go back to not working)

This happens whether I select lyricator by using the right click option or by going to tools-scripts-lyricator.

I'm using the latest beta version of mediamonkey 4.1.1.1697

Before installing the new lyricator version, I did uninstall the earlier version I was using.

It's really weird that just going to the lyricator options menu seems to reset the program or something and makes it work for a couple runs.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or if maybe an old lyricator file is still on my computer somewhere causing this weird behavior.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, thanks. 8)
It does sound like you may have old Lyricator files somewhere. You may have to uninstall, search out where they still are and manually remove them. There are one or two entries in this forum like http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ni#p382090 pointing you to where all the files and config points (entries in .ini files)
ImageSpoon!
Ignotus

Post by Ignotus »

thehammer wrote: I have seen the same ban behavior from them in the past. I had to use free vpn service to get results. It eventually came back, but I don't know how long it took. I added a one second delay on AZLyrics to try and stop this from happening to people, but maybe it wasn't enough of a delay between calls. Some have suggested that it isn't speed that causes it, but rather the number of requests that don't match lyrics.
I still cannot access AZ-Lyrics. Hell, I guess they have somehow perma-banned me or something. :lol: Lyricator returns nothing when I search their site, and Firefox says the connection was reset. I tried my TOR browser again, this time with an IP originating from Bucharest Romania, and I even get the connection was reset in that browser too. Maybe they somehow pick up on my TOR browser and won't allow me to connect with it either. I have never submitted a LOT of requests to them, so no clue why they would ban me anyway. I typically submit at most 1 album at a time via Lyricator. I may try changing my legit IP address just to see if it makes a difference, but at this point I'm not too concerned by it. If they want to be that way, then they can stick their lyrics up their... :evil:

I'm not saying that Lyricator caused this or anything, I'm just a bit surprised that I can't access the site even using TOR browser. The only way I can get to it is by using my phone's data connection. Otherwise I would swear it was down. I'll post if changing my legit IP made a difference. I think I have to change my MAC to get a new IP from my ISP.

EDIT: Changed my ISP assigned IP address and I can now access AZ-Lyrics again. I still don't know why they would have banned me to begin with. We'll see what happens from here.
Last edited by Ignotus on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Ignotus wrote:
thehammer wrote: I have seen the same ban behavior from them in the past. I had to use free vpn service to get results. It eventually came back, but I don't know how long it took. I added a one second delay on AZLyrics to try and stop this from happening to people, but maybe it wasn't enough of a delay between calls. Some have suggested that it isn't speed that causes it, but rather the number of requests that don't match lyrics.
I still cannot access AZ-Lyrics. Hell, I guess they have somehow perma-banned me or something. :lol: Lyricator returns nothing when I search their site, and Firefox says the connection was reset. I tried my TOR browser again, this time with an IP originating from Bucharest Romania, and I even get the connection was reset in that browser too. Maybe they somehow pick up on my TOR browser and won't allow me to connect with it either. I have never submitted a LOT of requests to them, so no clue why they would ban me anyway. I typically submit at most 1 album at a time via Lyricator. I may try changing my legit IP address just to see if it makes a difference, but at this point I'm not too concerned by it. If they want to be that way, then they can stick their lyrics up their... :evil:

I'm not saying that Lyricator caused this or anything, I'm just a bit surprised that I can't access the site even using TOR browser. The only way I can get to it is by using my phone's data connection. Otherwise I would swear it was down. I'll post if changing my legit IP made a difference. I think I have to change my MAC to get a new IP from my ISP.
I'm not sure what their trigger is either. I got back in to their site by using Vpnbook. Worked like a charm for me.
ImageSpoon!
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Thanks for this! Very helpful.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hey,

i maintain the addon darklyrics. Darklyrics try to fetch lyrics from azlyrics, too. After some (50 ?) site-request the site stop responding. Restarting my dsl-router get it back to work (got new ip)

I think about removing azlyrics from the addon, but their have a lot of lyrics...
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
MusicManiac92

Post by MusicManiac92 »

Hey guys,

I was working with Crap_inhuman on his addon. For darklyrics, i AZlyrics caused an error throwback and wouldnt let me use the app. But with Lyricator, i tested it on one song and it had to problem fetching. I did not test multiple songs, and i do not have a VPN enabled at the time of testing... Didnt know if my input would help at all.

Ben
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

MusicManiac92 wrote:Hey guys,

I was working with Crap_inhuman on his addon. For darklyrics, i AZlyrics caused an error throwback and wouldnt let me use the app. But with Lyricator, i tested it on one song and it had to problem fetching. I did not test multiple songs, and i do not have a VPN enabled at the time of testing... Didnt know if my input would help at all.

Ben
Thanks Ben. We have just been having discussions, but I really don't think there is anything that can be done from the Lyricator side of things. I did put a delay of one second in between calls to AZLyrics to help avoid getting lock outs. It its just a shame because it its a good source. But I have also added a bunch of other great sites to make up for if/when that one starts blocking.
ImageSpoon!
MusicManiac1992

Post by MusicManiac1992 »

Hammer,
I completely understand man... The internet is one crazy ass place sometimes. I am trying to use a VPN from hot shield to see if that works or not. Also blocking certain packets thru my router and what not... I will let you all know if i come up with anything to get it working.

Ben
JoeDat

Post by JoeDat »

Excited to find this updated script! Trying to download from the first post, but the link is broken. Any mirrors out there?
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

JoeDat wrote:Excited to find this updated script! Trying to download from the first post, but the link is broken. Any mirrors out there?
Wow! The whole site is down. I'll see if I can pm the administrator. If not, I will post the latest somewhere.
ImageSpoon!
DannoB

Post by DannoB »

Glad to hear someone else reporting a problem accessing the download link! I have been running v 1.1.3.2 for a while and recently upgraded to MM 4.0.31476 Gold. After that, Lyricator started having issues: Often I have to click off of selections onto other menus/songs several times to clear a strange window that appears with checkboxes and mis-formatting. Instead of trying time-intensive efforts of clearing / uninstalling files, ini settings, etc, I thought I'd try updating Lyricator first. Looking forward to a fixed download link.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

DannoB wrote:Glad to hear someone else reporting a problem accessing the download link! I have been running v 1.1.3.2 for a while and recently upgraded to MM 4.0.31476 Gold. After that, Lyricator started having issues: Often I have to click off of selections onto other menus/songs several times to clear a strange window that appears with checkboxes and mis-formatting. Instead of trying time-intensive efforts of clearing / uninstalling files, ini settings, etc, I thought I'd try updating Lyricator first. Looking forward to a fixed download link.
Pretty sure just updating won't fix your issue. It is almost always a matter of a mixed up install with some files in the user account directories and some in program files directories. Sometimes uninstall and reinstall works though.
ImageSpoon!