MMW appears to freeze during auto organize [#6193]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rivorson

MMW appears to freeze during auto organize [#6193]

Post by rivorson »

When MMW is auto-organising files as a result of tag changes and the files need to be moved from one drive to another the program window will appear to freeze and show "not responding" in the title bar. The process continues and the files are moved successfully but I am unable to use the MMW window again until all of the file operations have completed. If the debug build is running this will eventually initiate the crash reporter which temporarily pauses the operation until the crash reporter is dismissed.

The problem does not occur if I right click on the files and go through the 'move and rename' dialogue. The problem only occurs if the move is a result of changes to the tags.

A debug log of the issue is available here. In the log MMW moved 23 files from a local drive to a network drive in a single operation as a result of me changing the type from 'Video' to 'TV. The window froze at some point during the first file and the crash reporter appeared when there were three files left to move. After I dismissed the crash reporter MMW moved the last three files then resumed working normally.

The same also occurs if the files are being moved between local drives but doesn't last as long due to the higher transfer rates.
Ludek

Re: MMW appears to freeze during auto organize

Post by Ludek »

Thank you for reporting, looks like this issue http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6193
rivorson

Re: MMW appears to freeze during auto organize

Post by rivorson »

Thanks, Ludek. That does seem to be the same issue.
Peke

Re: MMW appears to freeze during auto organize [#6193]

Post by Peke »

thx updated.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kineo

Re: MMW appears to freeze during auto organize [#6193]

Post by kineo »

Bonjour à tous!
Même problème pour moi depuis cette dernière mise à jour.
Retour à la version précédente.

kineo.