Track entry duplicated, can't remove broken one

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Track entry duplicated, can't remove broken one

Post by mcow »

I ripped a new album recently and added it to my MMW library. I played four cuts, then stopped it; Now Playing now on the fourth track. Then I fetched album art and tried to assign it to the entire album (as cover.jpg, separate file); something glitched, and the fourth track's Album Art showed as some kind of generic (error?) icon. The track no longer played.

The file is fine, not corrupt - I can play it in WinAmp. The file date was not updated when the album art was added, unlike the other tracks in the album.

I did a rescan. Now I have two entries in MMW. If I look at Properties for the bad entry, it shows the expected file name etc, and it shows the album art correctly; but it still does not play. And if I click the Update/Next or Update/Prev buttons on the Properties dialog, it does not advance.

If I select Remove on this entry, it offers only "Delete file from computer"; no "remove from library" option.

If I look at Properties for the good entry, it shows the expected file name etc, but has no album art entry. If select Remove on this entry, I get the usual two options for removal.
mcow

Re: Track entry duplicated, can't remove broken one

Post by mcow »

Update: I was wrong that the path information was correct. The bad track had the path of the original rip directory, not the destination directory on the NAS, even tho the file had been moved. All the other tracks were correct.

Also, while working on this (and after restarting MM), the option to remove the bad entry from the library reappeared, so I did it.

But the second entry, for some reason, now had the bad path. I removed that from the library as well;

I ended up recreating the rip directory, copying the track file into that directory, adding that folder to the library, and re-organizing. Now everything seems to be pretty much OK... except for a glitch in the album art. The newly-added, newly-reorganized track did not have album art associated with it. So I clicked Add, and the file was right there. I selected and said OK; now the track has art.

But in the folder on the NAS, I now have cover.jpg and cover_2.jpg. I know this has been discussed before, but there is no way to search the forums for cover_2 or folder_2; the _ gets treated as a delimiter instead of text.

I remember that a dev said a bug was opened for this duplicated-art-file issue, back before 4.1 development got going, but it's not fixed yet. I have no way to find that bug, or the topic it was discussed in. But it would be nice if this problem could be fixed.
nohitter151

Re: Track entry duplicated, can't remove broken one

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.