Question about the Send To command

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

peppergomez

Question about the Send To command

Post by peppergomez »

I just lost a 3,000 song playlist for the 2nd time(!).

I chose Send To... > then selected my iPod. Media Monkey froze after about two minutes (the hourglass icon present), and I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then close it from Windows 7 Task Manager.

When I restarted MM, my playlist still appeared in the left-hand MM file tree. But while the files all appeared in the playlist, none would play (all greyed out after MM tried to play them). Also, before I realized that the files wouldn't play in MM, I opened iPod_Control in My Computer and deleted all the "F" folders in the iPod Music folder, in order to start over with a clean slate.

AFAIK, I have always used the Send To... option when copying files from MM to my iPod, and MM has never moved the file from the file folder on my hard drive (or from the MM Entire Library) onto the iPod. It's always copied it.

I'm not sure WTF happened, but needless to say, I don't want to repeat this. Should I have chosen a different command (Copy to) instead?

Also, in general, I notice that MM has been running a bit slower than usual. I have 4.0.7.1511. The only script I have installed is Link Selected Tracks (which doesn't seem to work, since when I apply it to consecutive files, they will not play back to back in a shuffle play).

Is there a way to repair or whatnot MM?
Last edited by peppergomez on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Re: Question about the Send To command

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Send To > Device, but don't use Send > Move > Device as that will move the files off the computer.

File > Maintain Library with complete optimization enabled can speed up MediaMonkey.
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

Right, I know that, thanks. I definitely didn't do that, but chose Send to... ____ iPod (Synchronize)

Thanks for the optimization tip.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When using Send To > Device I've not encountered that files were removed. If you can reproduce I'd suggest capturing it in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69