Lyric Tags with MiniLyrics.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ccloyd

Lyric Tags with MiniLyrics.

Post by ccloyd »

After reading some posts on the forum, I have downloaded and installed MiniLyrics (ML). The install went well and ML lauches when I start MM and displays the lyrics to the current song in the ML window. I downloaded the lyrics and associated them with the song.

This is where my problem hits. When I right-click on the track, choose properties, and click on the Lyrics tab, the lyrics aren't there. I'm sure that there is something on my side that I am missing or don't understand about the process.

The posts that I read mentioned a "rescan" after the track was played through ML. I'm not sure I know what "rescan" means. I have tried playing with ML's settings to save the lyrics in the ML folder, in the song's folder, and to the mp3 track. I get the same result with each.

I am running MM version 2.5.1.934 and ML version 4.2.2061

I am very interested in getting this running so I can try out the "Song Info Panel" script that psyxonova has written.

I just want to say that my wife and I have only had MM for a couple of days, but I am hooked on it. The fact that people are writing scripts to enhance the product, the forums community and everything is absolutely great. You guys have got a customer for as long as MM is out there.

Thanks for the help with ML.

Cliff
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

I too have Minilyrics installed. I noticed that there are 2 things: to associate lyrics and to save lyrics to an MP3. Also, when you choose Save to MP3 then it gives different kind of ways to save it (unicode, etc) so I guess we need to know from the developers how lyrics are saved to tags by MM, or just go by trial and error. I am not so sure if Associating lyrics actually influences the MP3 file tag at all or not.
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

i tried this too, i doesn't seem to work.

i'm just saving all lyrics to a separate folder (automatically :P ).

i also saw that the lyrics are associated to the mp3 using the path of both files, this might be a problem when relocating and so on.

i did use the 'create a database of the lyrics' so maybe it will just work.

but maybe there is someone who has more experience with ML
(i used to use evillyrics).

or maybe someone knows of a lyrics managing software/tool :-?
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello

MiniLyrics writes the lyrics to a non-standard tag, so it can't be read by any other application. It doesn't seem to read the "real" standard id3v2 lyrics frame either.

MiniLyrics normally puts all lyric files it downloads in one "library" directory, and has a list that links the mp3's with the lyrics files. Of course, when any of these are relocated, it won't be right anymore, but that's easy to fix.

The 'create a database of the lyrics' doesn't change anything. The only purpose for this function is that it will speed up the lookup which lyrics file is needed for a certain mp3 file, especially on very large collections.

If you want to help, send an email to support@crintsoft.com asking them to use the standard ID3v3 lyrics frame.
(And the ability to easily switch between different found lyrics files for a song, as this is one of the advantages that EvilLyrics has.)

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

anyone tried this with MM ?? :)

http://www.hiker.org.il/lyrics.htm
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe a script can get lyric info from an externally saved lyric file and import them into the id3 tags?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Or maybe CrossedEye's tag importing script ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7360 ) could be used to read the non-standard tag and write it in the right one (the lyrics tag that MM uses)...
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Myself:
MiniLyrics writes the lyrics to a non-standard tag, so it can't be read by any other application. It doesn't seem to read the "real" standard id3v2 lyrics frame either.
I contacted Crintsoft about this and this is their responce:
The new version that we are developing will fully support this feature.
GREAT! :D

Cheers
Steegy