Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Rednroll

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by Rednroll »

I noticed in Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 that it does not seem to work unless the music files have been added to your library. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's not a big deal. Usually, the way that I work is that I either rip or download an album to a folder on my HDD before moving them into my MM library. I open MM and use auto-tag, and while I'm at it I use Lyricator to update the tag information on the songs. Then when I'm done, I "move" the songs into my library.

So what I noticed is that if I select the songs and then run the lyricator script from the "My Computer" browser section within MM then lyricator just shuts down.

If I move the songs to my library, and do the same thing, it then works fine.
Peke

Post by Peke »

It is common to older scripts that they fetch info from MMW library than files itself.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Peke wrote:It is common to older scripts that they fetch info from MMW library than files itself.
Thanks as always Peke. I kind of figured that was the case that the library was being used for something in the script.
Govegan

Post by Govegan »

Doesn't work for me... Installed, once i click tools > scripts > Lyricator a window pops out staying the internet page cannot be found it closes in 1 second and then it doesn't even make any serarch...

Also - what's the advantage of Lyricator comparing to minilyrics?

thank you
Dannno

Lyrics put's "Ad" in the begning of every lyric

Post by Dannno »

Ran into this problem with MediaMonkey/Lyricator fairly recently, stumbled across this thread, and just installed Build 1681 (ver. 4.1.0.1681), which was supposed to include the fix for this problem. However, "ad" is still appearing at the beginning for the majority of lyrics (found from the Lyric.Wikia.Com web site).

See: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Code was supposed to be included to fix this in Build 1673, which is shown as included with Build 1681. I also tried the "Debug" version of Build 1681 - doesn't work there, either.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics put's "Ad" in the begning of every lyric

Post by Lowlander »

This won't fix Lyricator, the fix is with the build in lyrics lookup and for me that seems fixed.
Dannno

Post by Dannno »

I don't use the newly-added "Lookup lyrics" because:
  • Lyricator has worked with songs that the Lookup function couldn't handle
  • Using Lookup requires more time and clicks (go into "Properties", click on Lyrics tab, click on Lookup)
  • And most significantly, you can't invoke Lookup on multiple songs at once
From what I've found online, even though Lyricator hasn't been updated in a while, it appears to use the same system functions as the Lookup function. Too bad....I'm now having to spend a lot of extra time, either manually editing out the erroneous "Ad" entry, or processing files individually with some other plugin (Mini-lyrics, embedded Lookup function, etc).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Dannno wrote:I don't use the newly-added "Lookup lyrics" because:
  • Lyricator has worked with songs that the Lookup function couldn't handle
  • Using Lookup requires more time and clicks (go into "Properties", click on Lyrics tab, click on Lookup)
  • And most significantly, you can't invoke Lookup on multiple songs at once
From what I've found online, even though Lyricator hasn't been updated in a while, it appears to use the same system functions as the Lookup function. Too bad....I'm now having to spend a lot of extra time, either manually editing out the erroneous "Ad" entry, or processing files individually with some other plugin (Mini-lyrics, embedded Lookup function, etc).
Which songs MMW cannot hadle? If you mean from AZLyrics.com, this has been fixed in MMW 1681.
You can go to Options -> Metadata Lookup -> and check '[x] Search fo missing lyrics automatically'', '[x] Save missing lyrics automatically'

But batch lookup for all songs (like in case of Lyricator) is not supported, I would suggest to contant the author of the lyricator script to apply the same fix, you can find our script in /Srcipts/lyricsSearch.js
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lyricator is an third party Addon that uses it's own lookup. You'll need to post this issue in the Lyricator forum topic.
Dannno

Post by Dannno »

Lyricator is no longer actively supported. I may try to locate the source and see if I can
introduce a work-around to the problem, assuming I get time in the next few months.

But, the problem is not with the Lyricator (alone), since the symptom was identical
for the embedded Lookup feature. The web site providing lyrics may be at issue with
the format being used, but what I think would be preferable to just patching each specific
lyrics service to accommodate would be for MM to introduce an option for filtering, or
search-and-replacing, function for the various ID tags (including lyrics).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dannno wrote:but what I think would be preferable to just patching each specific
lyrics service to accommodate would be for MM to introduce an option for filtering, or
search-and-replacing, function for the various ID tags (including lyrics).
There is already an addon for that, RegExp find & replace.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Dannno wrote:The web site providing lyrics may be at issue with the format being used
Yes, it's the source that is the problem which is why any lyrics retriever that hasn't been updated is affected.
MDominik13

Post by MDominik13 »

I "stole" the 11541 fix from MediaMonkey and applied it to the Lyricator script. It seems to work but I only tested a small sample. You need to locate the "lyricator.js" file in your scripts folder and tweak the "rSuccessLyricWikia" function. The two lines I added end with the "11541" comment in the code block below:

Code: Select all

var rSuccessLyricWikia = function(html, xml) {
   var l = '';   var a = '';   var t = '';
   try {
      l = html.split('<div class=\'lyricbox\'>')[1].split('<!--')[0].trim();
      l = l.replace(/<div(.*?)<\/div>/gi, ''); // #11541
      l = cleanupLyrics(l);
      if(l) {
	     l = l.replace(/<div(.*?)<\/div>/gi, ''); // #11541
         a = html.split('<title>')[1].split('Lyrics - LyricWiki')[0].trim().split(':')[0].trim()
         t = html.split('<title>')[1].split('Lyrics - LyricWiki')[0].trim().split(':')[1].trim()
         //l += "<br><br><br>Lyrics provided by: Lyric.Wikia.com<br>Artist: " + a + "<br>Track: " + t;
      }
   } catch(ex) {}
   whatNext(l, a, t);
}
Dannno

Post by Dannno »

Thanks, MDominik13....terrific!

I added the lines of code to lyricator.js & tested - works great.

Maybe the mod can be made available through the Lyricator plug-in thread (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=54280). At least, I think that's the current "official" site.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

Works for me, too. Thanks!