burning audio cds - burns tunes half a second into song

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

---g---

burning audio cds - burns tunes half a second into song

Post by ---g--- »

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help with something my searching could not find an answer for.

When I burn audio cds as of late, MM doesn't burn the tunes from the tune start, but rather maybe a fraction of a second into the track, thereby kinda starting when the tune has already begun, if just slightly. Since the only reason I burn audio cds is for djing purposes, this really screws things up.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
---g---

Re: burning audio cds - burns tunes half a second into song

Post by ---g--- »

no takers on this?

i've verified that it's def MM that's the issue here rather than, say, the cd player.

strange and since I rely on MM for dj music organization, more than a tad disconcerting
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Are you doing any conversion or volume leveling? I could not reproduce.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
---g---

Post by ---g--- »

no conversion, no volume levelling, no processing on the part of MM, just burning cds.

i have to say, it hasn't always done this, but lately, does it fairly often. not every time - so it doesn't surprise me that it might not be reproduced by a test - but often.
and when it does do it, it does it with every track.

huh
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you make screenshot of your Burn Settings (Last page on BURN Wizard)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
---g---

Post by ---g--- »

will do, although perhaps the following would be instructive:

i just replicated the problem many times over for almost the entire set of cds I just burned for a gig tomorrow night.
even on the cdj i have here at home you can clearly see/hear that in order to cue the desired track correctly, you must 'negative' cue the track; that is, you can see from the status track display that the first sound occurs anywhere from 20 to 10 milliseconds into the previous track. doesn't sound like much but actually makes correct cueing impossible.

i tried burning at diff burn speeds, same result.

however, upon selecting track-at-once, enabling the 2-second gap, there wasn't an issue with the test cd i just burned now.
and i would like to clarify, it isn't that there is a 2 second 'negative gap' in which to cue the track, but rather the track actually properly cues at time 0.00.00, instead of -0.00.20

anyone care to comment on why this is, and why MM does this in particular.
thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

It is just the way Audio CD Format is made and to get gapless playback on Normal Players Audio CD RED Book needs to be bent a little.

Result of that is that 1-3 Audio CD buffers (2356 Bytes if I remember it correctly) are preloaded by your DJ hardware and got overlapped :(
When i was more active as DJ I always burned CDS with Track At Once to ensure that next track is not started prematurely.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
---g---

Post by ---g--- »

^
nice, thanks!

yeah i've verified with some tests that it's all about the track-at-once thing. weird, but at least i now know!
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Hey, I'm having this exact same issue. In one burn, 20 seconds of a song is put at the end of the previous track. This is extremely frustrated and I've burned over 100 CDs with MediaMonkey and only recently discovered this.

I don't use Track-at-Once because I want CDTEXT (which doesn't show on the player anyways but shows in my car wtf)

Please help... I paid for MM and really frustrated.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

DJ Nativus wrote:Hey, I'm having this exact same issue. In one burn, 20 seconds of a song is put at the end of the previous track. This is extremely frustrated and I've burned over 100 CDs with MediaMonkey and only recently discovered this.

I don't use Track-at-Once because I want CDTEXT (which doesn't show on the player anyways but shows in my car wtf)

Please help... I paid for MM and really frustrated.
How many CPU's are in your computer?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Oh wow... interesting question. I have an i5 with 4 cores and I do have use multiple cores option checked in MM...

Is the burning getting ahead of itself?
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Yep that's what I'm thinking with the new win 8 os and or faster cores.
rovingcowboy/keith hall/monkey hi fi
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

I updated to 4.1beta and disabled on-the-fly encoding and it seems to have fixed it =D

Now to go through 100 CDs and check for cut-offs v.v
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Oh good you at least got it working..
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.