No Auto-Sync FLAC files using Rockbox-based iRiver H120

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Nagog

No Auto-Sync FLAC files using Rockbox-based iRiver H120

Post by Nagog »

I am unable to do this. I have never had a problem with non-flac autosyncs.

Any suggestions?
rusty

FLAC Autosynch

Post by rusty »

The problem is most likely that MM doesn't 'know' that the rockbox supports FLAC, and therefore considers it an unsupported format.

Looking into this for MM 2.5.2.

-Rusty
rusty

Rockbox question

Post by rusty »

With Rockbox firmware, is the device still a USB Mass Storage device?

-Rusty
devotee101

Rockbox on H120

Post by devotee101 »

Yes, it still shows up in Device Manager as "TOSHIBA MK2004GAL USB Device". You can test for Rockbox through the presence of the \rockbox.iriver file and the \.rockbox directory.

If you need any more info or want me to try anything out for you, give me a shout.
rusty

Rockbox & Flac

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I did a bit of reading on Rockbox and it seems that it's recognized as a USB Mass Storage deviec.

So I tested synchronization of FLAC files to a USB Mass Storage device using both the MTP and USB Mass Storage plugins, and both work perfectly! i.e. the file was transferred.

Could it be that you're using the iRiver H-xxx plugin which doesn't support FLAC tracks (because the iRiver Hxxx don't)? If so, try disabling it, and using either the MTP or USB MS plugins and see if it solves the problem.

Also, a good test would be to try playing back the track after it's synched, from within MediaMonkey. That way you'll know if the track successfully synched, but perhaps the device, for whatever reason, is unable to play it.

-Rusty
devotee101

Re: Rockbox & Flac

Post by devotee101 »

rusty wrote:try disabling it, and using either the MTP or USB MS plugins and see if it solves the problem.
Just to confirm, I can synchronise FLAC to my iRiver H120 with the USB MS plugin.

Thanks Rusty!
Nagog

FLAC Rockbox clarification

Post by Nagog »

Hi Devotee101,

To get FLAC synchronization in MM, did you simply delete the iriver plug-in or did you also add a plug in? I'm not sure what is meant by "MTP or USB MS plugins". Are these already operative by default?

Thanks.