Backing Up

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

H08590

Backing Up

Post by H08590 »

I am new to MM, so excuse the ignorance. I have downloaded a backup script, but I have difficulty using it.

Issue 1: I set up what I thought were correct options. The first time I executed it, the information dialog box seemed to indicate it ran correctly, except it ended with, “Warning, ZIP not created so folder has not been deleted.” What does that mean? What should I be doing differently?

Issue 2: Each of the several next times I executed it, I received this message, “Backup canceled because output folder already exists.” It seems that the only way I can prevent this is to check the box, “Overwrite Previous Backup.” Is this the way it is supposed to work?

In general, what are “typical settings?”

Thank you for your help.

By the way, it seems like this post would have been better if I had been able to insert a picture or a screen shot of my error messages or my settings. However, I could not figure out how to do this. Is it possible?
I originally posted this last nite and received a confirmation that the post was here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =73536&e=0
but it isn't in the forum as far as I can see.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicate post
dtsig

Re: Backing Up

Post by dtsig »

You should post your question as a reply to Backup Addon Topic which is the url for the specific addon topic.

Probably get quick results
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig