Syncing with BB10

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Rudy.Bocc

Syncing with BB10

Post by Rudy.Bocc »

Hey Guys has anyone tried syncing with a BB10 device yet?

I'm going to be getting a Q10 soon, but also wanted to switch to a new music software, but its important that it can sync easily with my device.
Lowlander

Re: Syncing with BB10

Post by Lowlander »

It would seem the device supports both MTP and Mass Storage mode both of which should work with MediaMonkey (if Blackberry implemented it according to standards).
alystair

Post by alystair »

I have a BB10 (Q10) device and it works OUT OF THE BOX! As expected of MM
venture

Post by venture »

I have a Z10. I create a playlist on the MM on my win 7 machine (18 songs). Then I try to get it on the Z10. I used the copy to folder option on the Drive Z:/music folder. Only the 18 songs get transferred but not the playlist itself. Any one else had this? IS this the correct way to sync?
MM version 4.0.3
venture

Post by venture »

I have a Z10 but syncing a playlist only copies over the song files and not the any associated playlist. Is this a known bug?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to Auto-Sync or use right click on Playlist > Send To to get the Playlist synced to the device (if Playlist sync is enabled in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices)).
venture

Post by venture »

Yes I did that sync by using

Code: Select all

Send To | Folder (Copy) | Z:\music\Playlists
but again only the song files get copied and not the playlist itself.
I do however see that the songs (.mp3) got copied to this folder. So maybe I am not using the correct command?

In the Tools | Options window I see that it does not show the device.
Also the BB10 (Z10) is not available in the configure window Device Profile for both Blackberry and USB.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to use Send To > Device, not Send To > Copy as the latter will only copy files, not Playlists.
venture

Post by venture »

I do not have "Device" in the Send To sub menu.
I think that is because the "device" is not being detected as connected.
The Z10 device only shows up as a Drive Z:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case you should be able to setup d_USBMass1.dll to sync to it under Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices. Only syncing and Send To > Device will sync Playlists (if enabled in the Device Profile).
venture

Post by venture »

Getting somewhere now.
I set up
Tools | Options |Portable/Audio Devices then selected d_USBMass1.dll and clicked the configure button.
Then on the window pop-up selected Options again.
Select the Device Profile on the "settings" left hand side list I click on the Lookup Device Online button then the web page does not show the Z10.
Instead I selected the Device configuration "settings' from the left hand side list. There I can input my own device name a drive letter etc. If I enter drive Z and then save (OK buttons) then I am able to sync the playlist and the song files and the playlist file gets sent to the Z10.

When I examine the Z:\music\Playlists folder and open the playlist.m3u just sent there I see that the prefix "Z:/music/" is attached to the file location.
Other playlists sync'd using the BlackBerry Link application software for a windows media play playlist show the prefix "file:///".
So which is more correct?

Both seem to play properly on the Z10.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If both work I wouldn't be concerned (I'm surprised though). You can modify how Playlists are synced in the Playlists settings in the Device Profile. For example you can set it to use relative Paths.