freedb gray'd out

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

freedb gray'd out

Post by karma »

d/l monkey the other day, I was looking for something that would allow me to choose and apply tags, looking at the forum here I see that monkey does Not automatically enter tags, (although the one I read saying they Might work on it) that ok, it looks like a cool software anyways,.... anyways I my freedb is gray'd out, I can't select it, I have xp, and not the gold version of monkey, if that helps. Why cant I select it?? (and if anyone know of a software that will enter tags, prefer a freeware one, post?) Thanks in advance.
rusty

Freedb question

Post by rusty »

Karma,

In MediaMonkey 2.1, the 'Get info from Freedb' option is only enabled when a CD has been selected in the tree. i.e. this function applies _only_ to CDs and not to tracks in general (at least for now).

-Rusty
Lowlander

Get track details

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Get track details (right click on song) to get some more info on the song from Amazon. MM can't copy found info in song tags.

An more automated update of tags of existing songs from an online source has been requested.
Post by karma »

ah, ok, that kinda sucks, I have quiet a few songs, and Lol, I can find the info on them, its just going to be a pita to put it all in manually....was really hoping This software was the answer. thanks
Lowlander

future plans

Post by Lowlander »

The Answer is being worked on!!!