Auto Rate Songs

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

King_Bob

Auto Rate Songs

Post by King_Bob »

I have a huge music library that i want to slim down a bit to put on my iPod. The library is so large that the automatic rating software (like iTunes has) which rates a song based on times played and times skipped it not sufficient.

I am looking for a script/app/plugin/software that can rate my music for me by looking at a site like www.thetoptens.com (or any other) and then rate the music accordingly.(Maybe rate the top 10 5star and the next 10 4star? or somthing similar)

If anyone knows about something like this it would be great
nohitter151

Re: Auto Rate Songs

Post by nohitter151 »

I only know of one automatic rating addon for MM, it's this one:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... teaccurate
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gunslingor

Post by gunslingor »

I agree completely, and have been looking for something similar for many years, almost a decade really. I've determined exactly how it should be designed. All songs should be rated automatically using red stars... this would be the community rating. If someone changed the rating (i.e. they disagree with the community rating), the new rating would use yellow stars to distinguish it.

Unfortunately, nothing exists to provide this type of functionality... but man, would it seriously add to the usefulness of the application. I've considered writing it myself.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
And how you will get that Auto rating??

You can always use One of custom fields and show them as stars.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gunslingor

Post by gunslingor »

The internet. e.g. https://www.amazon.com/b?node=8335758011

Really though, I think the MusicBrainz database would be the truly ideal way to do it. And I agree, you can use a custom field to tell whether its a community or personal rating.

It really is a big issue when you have a large unrated library. Most albums only have a few good songs, but you still want the entire album in your collection for posterity sake. And yet, sometimes I only want to listen to really good songs... to take that a step further, sometimes I want my play list to include only maybe those songs that are 4 stars and up but that I haven't ever heard. I've been trying to rate everything myself slowly over the last decade, lo, but it's proven impossible. My library is about 100 GB. Sometimes the ratings get lost, things happen in a decade, lol.