Samsung Galaxy S3 sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Killjoy12

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 sync

Post by Killjoy12 »

Unfortunately, all I have is the 64GB.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Works pretty fine for me but sometimes MM doens't detect the phone right in time
therapy

Post by therapy »

This thread is long so I may have missed it if anybody else posted this workaround...

I've been using

Right Click on the playlist in MM, Send To... > M3U/XPSF playlist

and saving the playlist in my playlist folder on my computer. Then I just copy my playlist files to my Playlists folder on my S3 extcard using windows explorer (the file utility, not the browser) when my phone is connected by USB. Not so automated, but it works fine.
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

A few things :

- for a few months now, i've been getting this annoying as hell bug, it deletes the songs which i have rated, the file is still here but it goes to 0 byte and then when playerpro tries to play it, it cant and it stops the playlist. I have to delete the files manually in MM with the SD connected and resync. The change of the mp3 doesnt happen after i've rated, as immediately after or a few minutes later, i can still reload and play the song.
The weird thing is that i havent changed anything to my configuration, its still S3 and MM 4.0.7.1510..

- if i start MM, then plug the phone, then turn into UMS mode, then MM wont detect the SD card even though its showing in explorer. I have to restart MM everytime. Not a big deal but still annoying..
RTBrandy

Post by RTBrandy »

I'm so sad this isn't plug and play yet...I actually bought the S4 (and media monkey) to escape AAPL's grip on my life...and now this cluster...

I can't even synch to the SD card directly and get my playlists... while this all sounds like a Samsung issue, how this MAJOR glitch isn't a more easily decipherable problem and out in the forefront is very confusing to me...

With all the brilliant people working on this, how can there be no solution?! Should I just return the S4 and buy a more compatible device?!?! (and if so, what?) Is there a better music app that fixes this or is it the samsung software (not the app)?

This really really sucks, and, after reading 16 pages of posts, I'm still clueless as to how to solve.

What I've come away with is the following...can anyone tell me where (or if) I'm misunderstanding? (consider playlists minimum size 100 songs)
Synching to the phone directly - playlists don't work (or disappear later), and MOST (not all) music synchs
Synching to the Card - playlists synch, some correctly, all music SEEMS to
There is no fix for this issue...that just allows me to use MM like iTunes and plug in my device and synch it

Like I said, I assume this is all a Samsung issue - often my PC won't recognize the phone as a device (therefore MM won't either) but is that code so elusive that nobody has been able to make it go?

Ironically, I have NO problems synching to my iPod through MM

help?

Also, I took a primary (200 song) playlist and synched only that to the phone..it works...did the rest to the sd card directly through PC and the above synch issues are there
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

Aralvor wrote:A few things :

- for a few months now, i've been getting this annoying as hell bug, it deletes the songs which i have rated, the file is still here but it goes to 0 byte and then when playerpro tries to play it, it cant and it stops the playlist. I have to delete the files manually in MM with the SD connected and resync. The change of the mp3 doesnt happen after i've rated, as immediately after or a few minutes later, i can still reload and play the song.
The weird thing is that i havent changed anything to my configuration, its still S3 and MM 4.0.7.1510..

- if i start MM, then plug the phone, then turn into UMS mode, then MM wont detect the SD card even though its showing in explorer. I have to restart MM everytime. Not a big deal but still annoying..

- seems like the 4.0.10 fixed the 0 byte song so far
- like the poster above, im dreaming of a plug and play solution. Going through UMS is just a pain in the ass in the long run.
* Sometimes the media process of android prevents you from switching, so you have to reboot, or manually kill services..
* then your device starts bugging.
* or its just playerpro that goes wrong and has to detect your entire library again everytime (because the SD card was not mounted obviously) so you have to wait like 10 minutes, or manually start a scan of the SD when its mounted again, before you can listening to your songs.

So much time lost really, I guess there is only 2 solutions, a more compatible device with a sd card slot to come out if nothing can be found to fix this with the samsung devices, or i'll have to stop using MM for syncing, someone posted before that winamp is working perfectly.
Considering smartphones are not the cheapest items in the world i guess ill have to think about another music library software =/
kza

Post by kza »

im relly disappointed by mm gold with syncing...
i had a s3 1.5y ago..an iphone before that, using note 2 now...i neeeeeever did 2 syncs that worked...
not once
its really sad...
rmoving old content needs 5mins...
sometimes syncs-all songs "have problem syncing"...
and so on and so on

once you think you got it to work-i tell you..dont restart your phone your pc, dont plug any usb in and so on and so on...
i seriously wonder what i spent my money on...this is just a joke for 4 years now...
very sad
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it more likely is samsung's fault. they make their own android like every one else does, even make thier own swipe feature so their messing around making their own codes makes it extra hard to make apps work on everything, sort of like apple does on computers.

but did you go in to your settings and see if they have anysystem updates?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
RTBrandy

Post by RTBrandy »

I have checked for software updates, yes. I'm current on MM and Samsung
RTBrandy

Post by RTBrandy »

I'll be damned...they (AT&T) have apparently released a new update since Friday and I jsut installed it...so far, it seems to have fixed the playlist issues...I'll come back if it doesn;t last!

thanks rovingcowboy
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your welcome RTBrandy.
glad it is working hope it stays working for you.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

I wanted to come back to this thread and say that with the recent releases of MMA and MMW (beta gold), and also Verizon's update for the Note 2 to Android 4.1.2 (which means the Rom I run also bumped to 4.1.2) things are finally working smoothly. Wifi sync doesn't always want to connect but I don't really need it. Everything else though; sync (including play counts and ratings from phone even on converted-to-mp3 flacs), library, playlists (edits I make to playlists on the phone sync back to the PC - which is awesome); are working well. I occasionally get some weirdness with playlists (usually empty duplicates) but a resync fixes it.

So happy to have something that's working as well as my ipods did. I can live without it, but I like play counts ;)
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

ScottieB wrote:I wanted to come back to this thread and say that with the recent releases of MMA and MMW (beta gold), and also Verizon's update for the Note 2 to Android 4.1.2 (which means the Rom I run also bumped to 4.1.2) things are finally working smoothly. Wifi sync doesn't always want to connect but I don't really need it. Everything else though; sync (including play counts and ratings from phone even on converted-to-mp3 flacs), library, playlists (edits I make to playlists on the phone sync back to the PC - which is awesome); are working well. I occasionally get some weirdness with playlists (usually empty duplicates) but a resync fixes it.

So happy to have something that's working as well as my ipods did. I can live without it, but I like play counts ;)
Can you explain how you do it, because i've just changed my microSD and im about to kill myself trying to synchronize the rating of my songs.

It doesnt work with MMA (rating is not saved and actually i can't even find them, when i open a song on MMA, it doesnt have the rating i have in MMW)

With playerpro, i can see the ratings, but they are not beeing updated
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Aralvor wrote:
It doesnt work with MMA (rating is not saved and actually i can't even find them, when i open a song on MMA, it doesnt have the rating i have in MMW)
You have to sync the files with MediaMonkey version 4.1, and have the latest version of MMA on your device.

You probably copied the files some other way (eg. not with MediaMonkey) or didn't use the latest beta version.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Jake2034

Post by Jake2034 »

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (holy crap 16 pages!), but I found a solution for syncing playlists for my S3. This is just to simple get the playlists on my phone.

There's an option that says under ("Device")>Options Tab>Playlists; called "Use Linux folder seperator (use "/" instead of "\").

This has solved my issue.