[REQ] Comments/Review track [#11015]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

[REQ] Comments/Review track [#11015]

Post by bkenobi69 »

I use my portable players 95% when I listen to music. With my old Creative Zen I would often find tracks that would require review on MMW and I would write something on a sticky note. I was thinking that now that we have MMA, it might be nice to have a way to tag the track as needing review and/or a way to add a comment such that it would be available in MMW as a reminder to what needed review.

I could just create a "Tracks to Review" playlist and that would be find, but if enough other people are like me, it might be a nice addition at some point once the technical issues are run down.
BigInJapan

Re: [REQ] Comments/Review track

Post by BigInJapan »

Since tag edits seem to sync back from MMA to MMW pretty reliably for me, I stick ;Fix on the end of my Genre tag for this. I add it to the end of the existing Genre so that I don't lose that info. In MMW, I have an autolist that just searches for Genre = Fix. Any lists that sync to the portables filter out Genre = Fix so I don't keep running into those during playback.

This doesn't help me remember exactly what it was I needed to review, but it at least shows me which tracks had something wrong with them. I seem to remember the what as long I as I know the which. I guess you could extend it by using tags like "Fix Pops", "Fix Art", or whatever issues you typically run into.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

That's a really good method. I'll give that a try, thanks!
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

I listen mainly while driving so I use the stars to do the same thing.
.5 = delete
1.5 = track audio bad
2.5 = tag/ art wrong..

I've had very good sync between mmw and mma
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

The star system would work if you don't care about ratings. If I add ratings, it's because that's the rating I want on the file. Otherwise, that system would work pretty well.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

CD71

Feature Requests: Comment-Tag in Properties

Post by CD71 »

Is it possible to add the Comment-Tag in Properties page please?
(Don't forget to use a multi-line element for implementation...)

I don't need to be able to edit the comments, I will be very happy when only I can see them.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by CD71 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
MonkeyStrut

Re: [REQ] Comments/Review track [#11015]

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

First of all, thanks a lot to MMA developers. Although I still can't sync my Android device with MMW see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p388953) I'm preparing myself to ;-)

I use a lot all the tag information for various purposes, and especially Comments and Publisher. it would be so good to have MMA support for editing these tag fields, with sync abilities with MMW and multiple lines support for the Comment field, as suggested CD71 above.

I understand from Lowlander that this is under consideration, just though I should (1) give a +1 and (2) mention also the Publisher field (Comment being the most important one).

-cheers-
CaMarc

Podcast properties/info

Post by CaMarc »

On my phone's MMA I have lots of podcasts synced, but it is hard to figure out what to play since I can't find the "comments" field that describes any given podcast. On MMW, I simply use shift-enter to see the file's properties, and then I go down to the "Comment"s field which contains the details for each podcast. On MMA, when I click on file's properties, it doesn't show the "Comment" field. Is that field accessible somewhere else on MMA, or do I need to add a feature request for this?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
CD71

Post by CD71 »

Currently there is a new beta period and new features will be implemented again.
Could get the "comment field" the chance to be implemented once a day?

Thanks a lot for a short answer :-)
rusty

Post by rusty »

We are planning to add support for various additional fields, but that's presently planned for 1.1.1 (rather than 1.1.0).

-Rusty
MagGyver

Possible to sync "comment" field from MMW to MMA?

Post by MagGyver »

Greetings, I did a search on this in the MMA Help forum but didn't seen any posts. Kinda hard to locate a post about the topic of "comment" on a message forum ;)

I use the comment field extensively in my MMW library. Each track has a description of the sound & feel for when I'm DJing later in Traktor. Recently I've been playing around with DJ software on my Android devices and would love to be able to reference all the work I've put into the Comment field. Is there any way to sync this field? Or should I be posting about this as a feature request?
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Comment is not supported in MMA and is currently been pushed to version 2.0 of MMA.
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

I came looking to see if this post had been updated. Just wanting to confirm that comment field sync is still something coming in MMA 2.0? It would make things so much easier.
Lowlander wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm Comment is not supported in MMA and is currently been pushed to version 2.0 of MMA.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
jpers36

[REQ] Expose comments

Post by jpers36 »

Would it be possible to show the comment attribute in a track's Properties popup?