MM on Andoid does not find sync server

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

kvzk

MM on Andoid does not find sync server

Post by kvzk »

after starting MM on windows and androis, both are connected to the same wifi.
I start "sync now" on my MM-android. It starts searching for a sync server, but does not find one.
It says i have to install MM on my OC (which i already have) and enable wi-fi synchronisation.

how do I enable wi-fi synchronisation on mm-Microsoft and start synchronisation?

thanks for help :D

btw: mm-Android and ,,-windows are the newest versions. my phone is a samsung s1 plus with androis 4.2.2 cyanogenMod
Lowlander

Re: MM on Andoid does not find sync server

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey for Windows are you running. Only MMW 4.1 beta has wifi sync capability (which needs to be enabled under Tools > Options > Media Sharing).
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I am having the same problem.

I installed the last-but-one beta a week ago, on both my HTC Evo 3D phone and Nexus 7 Tablet.
In both cases, my first attempt to sync let to the MM app on android hanging. but after I force closed them, and restarted, it worked fine.

Then today I just updated both the desktop and two android devices to latest edition. Now, the Nexus 7 is working fine, but on the HTC Evo, it's not finding the server.

Any idea how to fix this?
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

To follow up on my own post:

I rebooted my phone, and after the reboot, it did detect the server.
Then the windows machine popped up an entry, "a new device is trying to access your library, should you accept it".
I said yes.

After, this is what the accepted devices look like.
Note that number 2 and 3 are both my HTC evo phone. Entry #2 is the one that worked when I synched my music last Sunday. But stopped working today. #3 is the one that was just added and seems to be working.

I found while fiddling that there seemed to be no way to delete an entry from that list. I looked earlier to see if I could remove the old EVO entry, to try a new scan. It would be handy to be able to reset entries.
rusty

Post by rusty »

MeMeMe,

After you accept the second 'Device', can the device access the library?

-Rusty
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

No it couldn't.

I needed to shut down the server on my windows machine, and sync worked again.

Before that, I had also unninstalled the app from my phone multiple times, removing data and cache, etc.

It seems I need to both close down the windows server and restart it, AND uninstall and reinstall on my phone.

I haven't had to do a new sync yet, to be honest I've been avoiding it because I dont want to go through this again if the sync fails again.