Close Modal-Dialog via code

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Andreas Weichert

Close Modal-Dialog via code

Post by Andreas Weichert »

I want close a dialog via code - not the way with a button and ModalResult.
I look for Form.Close or something like this.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
Andreas Weichert

Re: Close Modal-Dialog via code

Noboddy here knows how to close a form ???
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
Peke

Post by Peke »

This is why it is modal window? So that you can force input?

If you are referring to yours Multi-Previewer I wonder why you even bothered with New Window when you can use toolbars?

FYI I'm planning to do review of form Scripting in MMW for post 4.1 in hope to be able to improve its features.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Andreas Weichert

Peke wrote:This is why it is modal window? So that you can force input?

If you are referring to yours Multi-Previewer I wonder why you even bothered with New Window when you can use toolbars?

FYI I'm planning to do review of form Scripting in MMW for post 4.1 in hope to be able to improve its features.
Thank you for your answer.
Because of the work flow the dialog has more than one exit-conditions: Click the close button and an automatic close if the last track was processed. In the current version I use a hack: Send the hotkey of the close button via shell. This works now.

You mean that I should integrate the controlling of Muli-Previewer in a taskbar ?
This would not allow all the features I need.
1. I had to make about 13 toobar buttons. Which clear to indentfy icons I should use for it. Custom images are not supported.
(Maybe it would work if I make 13 different scripts for every button and make 13 different *.ico - files in the setup)
2. The dialog has not only actions, it has setting to. The toolbar supports not other controls than buttons. Correct ?
3. The Toolbar has no focus so that no hotkeys are possible. Global hotkey would work - but which are free.
4. Its made for quick stepping through tracks - without the need of clicking with the mouse on different screen position. More I dont need in this situation.
5. I will integrate more functions in the previewer. Quick rating, tagging and quick sorting into different playlists.

But I will allow a non-modal form in the next version, so that one can access the main-window.

An general enhancemet of the scripting interface especialy the GUI would be nice. Better plugins would be possible.
1. Imageviews
2. Pure Imagebuttons, Image + Text buttons
3. Tabbed docking of panels - pack different panels (plugins) on different tabpages.
4. Fontbold=false does not work- only true works - with this style it would be possible to indicate something.
My Scripts