two times the same cd in the library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Theke

two times the same cd in the library

Post by Theke »

Help!!!!!!!!!!
do someone know if it´s possible to have a CD two times in the libery?
like i have a CD from Group A with the Title B two times and i wanna have both in the library, one named Group A Title B and the other named Group A Title B1.
if it´s possible please let me know, thanks a lot...

and than another question, is it possible to just create a new artist and album without put the CD in the player? just like "add new artist" or "add new album...

Thanks
T
rusty

CD questions

Post by rusty »

Theke,

Assuming CD1 and CD2 are different CDs (e.g. Artist a, Album b, UK release & Artist a, Album b, NA release) with different CD identifiers, then MM should be able to track both of them. I haven't tried this myself, though, as I don't have CDs like that.

Re. whether it's possible to add Albums into the DB manually, all that is possible today is to include Album details for the track that has been added. If you want to add information about other tracks on the album, I'd suggest that you could include this info in the comments.

Note, however, that you can use the 'Album Viewer' to see details of other tracks on the album when the track is playing (i.e. from my point of view, I don't think that it's all that necessary to store information about related tracks that you don't actually possess in your collection within the library).

-Rusty