[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RoryMonster

Re: Rockbox SansaMonkey Play Count collection

Post by RoryMonster »

Hi. I need to monitor the playing of tracks on a Sansa Fuze v2 after I give it to somebody and they take it away for a week. I have downloaded Rockbox and SansaMonkey, but it does not collect the play count or sync between the player and the desktop UI. Could anybody advise me of a way to establish how many times a track has been listened to, even if it is an unglamorous hack...
onkel_enno

Re: [MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Post by onkel_enno »

Rockbox is installed?
Is "Gather Runtime Data" enabled?
eightbitsprite

Post by eightbitsprite »

I don't suppose that you're working on a version that will sync with MM4?
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

It is working with MM4 -> Topic Title = [MM2-4]...
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Thanks for this great tool.

I can't work out why the ratings for some songs don't get copied to mediamonkey though.
It has been happening since I first started using it about a year ago and I can't find any pattern or consistency as to what tracks are affected.

For example I might have multiple copies of the same song (from different albums) and some will get rated and others won't.
At first I thought this may be because the album metadata in the tag was different but then found that even if the album field was blank (and the artist and title EXACTLY the same) still, some worked and others didn't.

I guess the first question should be, what is the criteria that Sansamonkey uses to find a "match" between the Rockbox and Mediamonkey database? I have searched high and low for an answer to this but surprisingly doesn't seem to have been asked before!

I noticed when I copy ratings from Mediamonkey > Rockbox that in the left column headed "Action" there are a lot of "Not found"entries. I thought this might be a clue and it would appear 90% of the time if a song says "Not found" here, then the rating won't have been copied, but... see bottom image below - the song "Staind - It's Been A While" shows "Not found" but DOES have a rating that I had just copied using Rockbox > Mediamonkey.

I have discovered unusual characters in the tags that seemed to prevent matches before, and looking at the list in the first pic it would appear there is something up with the album "The Best Acoustic Album in the World....Ever!" (I was thinking the "..."might be an issue) but the "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossum" at the top definitely has no unusual characters or punctuation at all.

kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Has anyone gotten SansaMonkey to work with a Sansa Fuze in syncing playcounts with MM4?
I am using SansaMonkey 0.3.1.8 (9/6/2011)
MM 4.1.3.1708
Sansa Fuze with the latest firmware. v2.

It looks like it is try to sync but the blue progress bar across the bottom just fills up and never clears. And i t looks like the playcount is not even updating on the sansa before the sync as the playcount column is all zero's for each track.

If you have gotten to work, please what are your setting in Rockbox, and in SansaMonkey.
Also what is your stsep by step procedure?
Do you need to do this sansamonkey sync before or after a MM synce?

Thanks,
Jeff
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

I might be wasting my time posting this seeing my last above was a year ago and no replys! Not many people must use this handy program much these days?? :(

Anyway, I did manage to work out what was causing the problem above with some songs not being found in the MM database. I used to debugview to see the queries that Sansamonkey was sending and compared this to the actual database using a sql viewer. It turned out to be whitespace at the end of some song titles and I think I remember even double spaces (2 spaces between words) came out different as well.

Well now I have the same problem again and it is happening with any songs that don't have an album listed. This never used to be a problem, I have rated hundreds of songs previously that had no album entry.
Here is a section from debugview with one of the affected songs...

00000787 1812.85742188 [4496] WHERE (Artist like 'Tom Petty') AND (Album like '') AND (SongTitle like 'You Don''t Know How it Feels')

I don't know enough about sql to go any further but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be interested to learn a bit more about it

Thanks, :)
Vlad
fellrnr

Post by fellrnr »

Has anyone found an alternative to SansaMonkey? I rely on this and use it with the Clip Zip players and Rockbox, but it doesn't seem to work on other players and the Clip Zip is not getting hard to get hold of.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Sorry for not coming around for years.
If there is something I can do (with SansaMonkey), send me a PM/Mail.
gedili

Post by gedili »

Hi all, anyone would still have the SansaMonkey archive and could send it to me? The link to the dropbox doesn't work anymore and I couldn't find any other mirrors..
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I've fixed the link so you can download it again.