Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

djolynd

Re: Custom Report 3.0 - Updated 16/03/2013

Post by djolynd »

Hello,

When I try to install CUSTOM REPORTS 3.0, it fails due to:"...the script engine does not support a dispatch object."
Any ideas??

Thanks,
DJ Olyn D
Taylored Event Group
Houston, TX
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, I've never seen that before, I have no idea what it means :(
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
djolynd

Post by djolynd »

Well, for some reason I cant't install it. I tried as user, then as ADMIN with no luck.
DJ Olyn D
Taylored Event Group
Houston, TX
gideonrv

Post by gideonrv »

I tested it just now, and it suits my needs. However, I want to display the rating, either as asterisks or right justified, but I don't see how.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, there isn't a column for this. I can see how this would work in one of the HTML formats, and in the text formats you could use ✰ (unicode) or * (ascii) for the whole stars, but how would you handle half stars?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gideonrv

Post by gideonrv »

I understand the problem, but for now, right justified format for numeric fields would be fine.
Onweerwolf

Re: Custom Report 2.8 - Updated 05/03/2011

Post by Onweerwolf »

Onweerwolf wrote:Okay, so there is still a problem with track length. It displays the minutes as hours and seconds as minutes in excel. How do I fix this?
Quoting this from 1,5 years ago. This bug was never fixed so I stopped using the script. However I am now yet again in need of this script since the normal report function has a problem with displaying utf-16 in .csv exports.

Custom Report fixes this, but it still displays seconds as minutes. Normal report did this as well (but only in .csv export, not in .xls exports.) Lowlander found a fix for that, see this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 18#p364618

Can it be fixed in custom report as well?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

gideonrv wrote:I understand the problem, but for now, right justified format for numeric fields would be fine.
Again, this depends on the report type - any one in particular?
Onweerwolf wrote:Can it be fixed in custom report as well?
I'll do my best!
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I have 2 *issues* at the moment and trying to work through the 5 years of notes to see if answers there ..

1) I seems there is a limit to the number of fields you can 'report'. Is this easy to change or?
2) When I select fields and press 'save' i am *assuming* that this will save the report definition. But when ever i press save I get the filefinder, select the directory and enter file name then click save. I then get Error message "Error Happened during script execution: Path Not Found". Of course the path is there as it is where my backups go etc.

Thoughts
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) I was able to add 25 fields at which point I ran out of Window space (window couldn't be resized). So being unable to resize the window seems to be the problem.
2) I see the same Path not found error.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:1) I was able to add 25 fields at which point I ran out of Window space (window couldn't be resized).
2) You click OK to save the report. Save is used to save the settings for the report.
1) yes .. that is what i said .. there is a limit. My question was ... is this easy to change
2) again, i think this is what I said. But when i press SAVE expecting it to save the report definition i get error message
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

Use
✰ (unicode) -> Full start
* (ascii) -> Half Stars
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

dtsig wrote:1) I seems there is a limit to the number of fields you can 'report'. Is this easy to change or?
There is no scrollable panel in MM as far as I can see, so 25 is the maximum I can find room for. It's dead easy to add more though, there's a variable at the top which holds the number, it's just a case of having room for them physically on the screen.
dtsig wrote:2) When I select fields and press 'save' i am *assuming* that this will save the report definition. But when ever i press save I get the filefinder, select the directory and enter file name then click save. I then get Error message "Error Happened during script execution: Path Not Found".
This has already been reported and is on my list of things to fix.
Peke wrote:Use
✰ (unicode) -> Full start
* (ascii) -> Half Stars
Thanks, but what if I'm generating an ASCII-only report? And I'm not sure I'd find that clear myself - I wish there was a Unicode half-star!
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Thanks trixmoto. I will just do multiple reports to get all the data I can out.
thanks again
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

Was just trying to do some quick organizing and additions, but couldn't find a way to get MM to export all of the data for the tracks selected to a file I could import into Excel (like iTunes used to be able to do). Their default report doesn't include a column I've added which is the most important to me at the moment, so I downloaded your Custom Report 3.0 addon, installed it, ran it and tried to do a test report with about seven fields. This is the error that I received:

Code: Select all

Error #70 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Permission denied
File: "E:\MediaMonkey\Scripts\CustomReport.vbs", Line: 3187, Column: 4
What tool are others using to see the scripts with? This only came up in Notepad and I'm not going to count down 3,187 lines one by one to find out what line is causing the error!

Regardless, any idea what's causing this?

Thanks,

Craig
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)